Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
I am a potential Versys 650 buyer looking for info on tires, farkles, etc. for an '08 650 with 27k on the clock.
Thanks,
Will

#3 ·
Highest mileage

To all,
What is the highest number of miles anyone has logged on a Versys 650? If this isn't the appropriate forum for this question, my apologies. I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by creating my "2nd post", as well as garnering information for a potential purchase of a 2008 Versys with 27k on the clock. I have 120k+ on my '03 FJR and am curious about durability of the Versys platform.
Regards,
Will

#6 ·
:welcome: aboard!

To all,
What is the highest number of miles anyone has logged on a Versys 650? If this isn't the appropriate forum for this question, my apologies. I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by creating my "2nd post", as well as garnering information for a potential purchase of a 2008 Versys with 27k on the clock. I have 120k+ on my '03 FJR and am curious about durability of the Versys platform.
Regards,
Will
I have 85,219 miles on my '08, as well as 69,xxx kms (about 43K miles!) on my '15 V650, and I KNOW that someone posted awhile back about being OVER 100,000 miles on one...!

>:)

I would NOT worry about an '08 w/ 27K miles assuming it passes a thorough inspection - a LOT can be told just by looking at how it 'presents' along w/ service records!

#4 ·
The Versys is a very durable machine. Many members here have a lot of miles on their Versys. The engine has a reputation for longevity.

27k miles should not be a problem at all for the engine and transmission, assuming the owner properly maintained it and didn't beat the hell out of it.

At 10+ years old you will have normal age issues. Anything rubber may need to be replaced. So, a lot of hoses and seals related to fuel, brakes, and cooling. Fork seals maybe.

My advice is to have the bike thoroughly evaluated by a good mechanic. It may cost some money, but better to find out ahead of time that there is an engine compression problem or the forks need to be rebuilt.

#5 ·
#8 ·
Thanks FastEddie,
I bought the bike after a test-ride and a cursory inspection. I took it on a short (140 mile) ride, and then changed the oil and looked for loose/missing fasteners. The bike runs and handles great, need to put on the crash bars and look for a center stand. The factory air filter seems pricey for what it is. I'll start looking and posting in the other forums for future information.
Regards,
Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.