New 2018 Versys 650 LT Owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Modene

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New 2018 Versys 650 LT Owner

Hi all,
Needed to move on from my more sport-focused bike due to posture issues and the need for a more neutral seating position and something easier on my wrists and neck angle. Although inseam challenged at 28", I opted for a new 2018 inventory clearance the Versys 650 LT and hope that I can address the seat height concern. Stock with the softest rear suspension setting, I'm on tip-toes. Already installed Motowerks lowering kit and slipped the front forks an additional 1.5" and now can get most of the balls of my feet down, and am hoping for more as the suspension breaks in. Am considering adding the Sargent Low seat, but at the best part of $500, I'm really hoping that it will make enough difference - any feedback greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html please read, please do a second post in this thread you started( if you haven't done so). Thanks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Just called Sargent seats about any upcoming specials for July 4th, and they said that there should be something and it'll most likely be similar to the Memorial Weekend sale of 12% off plus free shipping. They will offer 10% off and free shipping now if you don't want to wait the extra few days. Really wanted to hear back from anyone about the Sargent low seat difference on the Versys 650 gen 3 before pulling the trigger, but they do offer a 30-day money back guarantee without a restocking fee for standard black color seats, so perhaps worth trying anyway.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Ok, so I went ahead and ordered the Sargent Low seat and will eventually post side-on pictures of me on the stock bike, then stock bike with Motowerks lowering kit and lowered front forks (extra 1.5"), and then all of the above plus the Sargent low seat. Hopefully this helps some other inseam-challenged riders make the call on the Versys.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

After modifying and installing the side stand insert fro Motowerks, to finish off the suspension lowering process, here's a picture of my new reach. It doesn't look like much, but it feels so much better, and much less butt movement to flat foot one side. Will repost once I receive the Sargent Low seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190704-122637_Photos_1562269047381.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	164399  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 03:13 PM

Try getting some shoes/ boots with a thicker sole & add some insoles
dmer likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Give it some time and you will grow into the bike and can flatfoot - believe me , as i have been through this, and i am 5'9" and can flat foot but the versys look tall and big when i first took it.

was not so confident and lower it but after some time, i went back to stock height and no problem at all. Just give it some time and the bike will settle down with you. &
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Did my 40 miles each way commute for the first time and man does the stock seat suck. Will do two more 80 mile days next week and then should have the Sargent seat on. Will post an update then.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:47 AM

Welcome aboard
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:55 AM

Garage
Welcome! I have 3 seats, the stock, Sargent Touring Heated, and the Sargent Low. The last one is my go to seat. As I like the feeling of being in the the bike, as opposed to being on top of it. The lowering links you installed appears to have made a significant difference for you. Enjoy.

It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modene View Post
Try getting some shoes/ boots with a thicker sole & add some insoles
Thicker soles made a big difference with my Vstrom. Still looking for a 650 Versys, but sat on a V1K at a dealer, and could barely tiptoe even with thick soles. But a brand new bike is gonna settle. The Japanese must think we're all NBA players over here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode