New to the site - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By HKSY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

New to the site

I'm HKSY ( the type of bikes I've owned, Honda, Kaw etc).
I've been riding for 51 years and my wife for 45 years, we've had all types of bikes from ( +/- 50 so far)Honda CBX, Goldwings to XR200s,KLX250s, Cruisers to Bobbers.
We traded in a Honda NC700X DCT and Honda CB1100 on the X300s, then rode them 230 miles home. Love them . Got a deal on a pair of non-ABS 2019 models for $3999 each.
Changed the front sprocket to 15t we had left over fromm some Kaw Vulcan 650s we had a couple of years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

New to the site #2

Picture of our new X300s
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	164291  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html please read, please do a second post in this thread you started. Thanks

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

New to this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSY View Post
I'm HKSY ( the type of bikes I've owned, Honda, Kaw etc).
I've been riding for 51 years and my wife for 45 years, we've had all types of bikes from ( +/- 50 so far)Honda CBX, Goldwings to XR200s,KLX250s, Cruisers to Bobbers.
We traded in a Honda NC700X DCT and Honda CB1100 on the X300s, then rode them 230 miles home. Love them . Got a deal on a pair of non-ABS 2019 models for $3999 each.
Changed the front sprocket to 15t we had left over fromm some Kaw Vulcan 650s we had a couple of years ago.
onewizard likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Changed Greeting

Numerous new members have difficulty understanding what needs to be done,I have requested that Administration have a look at what I have produced for after the fact of members struggling to log in for the first time. Many start 2 threads as a 2 post requirement, what happens many times existing members welcome the same member in each thread, there is a limit of what todays new posts can display, what happens is each new thread moves existing threads down one, it has happened where a new member posts 1 thread and gets on page #2, and is totally missed, possibly for over a month, which has happened, and they left never to return. There also have been cases where the new member makes his or her first post in someone else's thread, this creates confusion and in some cases this could be a spammer, I need to create a new thread using his or her info and then move the post into their newly created thread created by me****yes I have it down to taking me about 4 minutes as I need to look at the profile to find any scrap of info IE is this a X300 member? That is time I would rather spend reading other posts or riding.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSY View Post
Picture of our new X300s
Welcome aboard. Nothing quite like a pair of bikes in the driveway. One for him and one for her, that's we way we manage a happy life.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

aboard both of you and enjoy the ride - Be safe.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 04:39 PM

Welcome, I like the concept of the Honda NC700, especially the storage in the "tank".
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthGear View Post
Welcome, I like the concept of the Honda NC700, especially the storage in the "tank".
AND I hate the fact that the seat has to be moved to "gas-up", meaning it makes going on trips where you have camping gear a total bummer!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Solved the seat problem by turning the back half of the seat on the NC700 into a carrier and mounting the Givi on it, so when you had to gas up the whole thing (Givi case) moved with the seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode