Admin Made Me Do It - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

6Likes
  • 2 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By akb
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
akb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Admin Made Me Do It

Posting since it's obligatory... I'll be back with real questions once able to exercise free will ha ha

Last edited by akb; 06-24-2019 at 11:48 PM. Reason: technology is hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
akb

Admin Made Me Do It

Posting since it's obligatory... I'll be back with real questions once able to exercise free will ha ha

Last edited by onewizard; 06-25-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Leave this moderated, some peope need to learn the hard way
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

]https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html please read

There is plenty of information on how to post.
So today I dealt with some unpleasant business that took 2 hours , so your second post got moderated. When you feel comfortable you can post within this thread, you may think your post is funny, FYI I don't.
Fastoman and Gigitt like this.

Last edited by onewizard; 06-26-2019 at 01:42 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
akb

Bummer man, I would have liked to see results of that poll... I think it would have been super informative (btw, which answer was leading?)... didn't realize there was anti-humor policy, I'll keep that in mind...

If you'd like new people to know the hoops to jump through for your spam-aversion techniques, I'd make it more clear upfront.

Overall, this is a very poor response from a moderator in my opinion, I came to this forum for information and instead I've received this ridiculous reply - I don't care about being banned, it's not like I'm able to use the Forum for its intended purpose anyway.

- Disappointed forum attemptee
onewizard and dmer like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Update

Rather than repeat myself, lets say I got roasted https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-mb-can.html, keep in mind this is a volunteer position, what is recommended by us super mods to administration and what they do about it are two different things. As a example, posting in the For Sale classified section, it would be nice to have a PM notification to your email address being a automatic thing or a condition of posting. Administration said due to privacy they can't do that, so I need to inform those that don't understand to update their PM setting. Before I retired I purchased thousands of dollars worth of test equipment off Ebay, imagine trying to make a offer and the seller can't be contacted unless they log onto Ebay, or what you see it is a good deal but need more info, someone else comes along, takes a chance and just buy's it now.
So yes you probably have never seen a post like that on another forum, hey, I ride motorcycles and am a two finger typist. There was some fact in my post, there is a explanation in the member intro as to how to, which should be in the sign up.
I am open to suggestion and would willingly pass it along, as I have no way of viewing what new members are confronted with, a explanation of what part is confusing would be helpfull to any prospective new members.
Lastly seems I have posted that several times today, it is nice out, time to get out
Fastoman likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Changed Greeting

Numerous new members have difficulty understanding what needs to be done,I have requested that Administration have a look at what I have produced for after the fact of members struggling to log in for the first time. Many start 2 threads as a 2 post requirement, what happens many times existing members welcome the same member in each thread, there is a limit of what todays new posts can display, what happens is each new thread moves existing threads down one, it has happened where a new member posts 1 thread and gets on page #2, and is totally missed, possibly for over a month, which has happened, and they left never to return. There also have been cases where the new member makes his or her first post in someone else's thread, this creates confusion and in some cases this could be a spammer, I need to create a new thread using his or her info and then move the post into their newly created thread created by me****yes I have it down to taking me about 4 minutes as I need to look at the profile to find any scrap of info IE is this a X300 member? That is time I would rather spend reading other posts or riding.
Fastoman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
terrible policies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode