New to Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By lwszabo
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By Fastoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

New to Versys

I have been riding for 25+ years and absolutely love it! I have owned several Ducati bikes including a 748 superbike, and 1000cc Monsters, a Suzuki TL1000s, Suzuki SV650, and a new Indian Scout however I’m considering an adventure bike!

The one I have my eye on is the 300. I know that may be odd coming from some pretty powerful bikes but I’m over the speed and flashy stuff. I have not rode a 300 yet but it’s looks, and feel sitting on it really impressed me. The price is what drew me in, I don’t really want a ton of money tied up but do worry a lot that I’d be bored quick.... advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:18 AM

I think that comes down to a question of what excites you about riding a motorcycle. If it's power, acceleration, speed, then yeah, you'll probably become bored pretty quickly. If it's agility and handling, I understand the 300 is pretty good in that area.

A test ride will probably tell you all that you need to know.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

aboard!

When I "tested" a V300 I was pretty impressed w/ everything EXCEPT the seat, which is similar to sitting on a 2 x 4.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsherman View Post
I think that comes down to a question of what excites you about riding a motorcycle. If it's power, acceleration, speed, then yeah, you'll probably become bored pretty quickly. If it's agility and handling, I understand the 300 is pretty good in that area.

A test ride will probably tell you all that you need to know.
At 40 I’m past the acceleration and speed plus living near Charlotte traffic sucks! Just cruising the backroads is what I like now!
rsherman likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
<a href="http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/images/smilies/welcomesign.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Welcome Sign" >:-)</a> aboard!

When I "tested" a V300 I was pretty impressed w/ everything EXCEPT the seat, which is similar to sitting on a 2 x 4.

<a href="http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/images/smilies/goodluck.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Good Luck" >:-)</a>

Agree was blown away how bad the seat was in the showroom. Definitely need to factor in a new seat at some point.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:07 PM

What about getting a AirHawk seat cushion. Iíve use mine on several bikes with hard seats. My Airhawk I put very little air in it & have memory foam on top of the air bladder,all inside the zip cover. Thatís my setup for longer trips.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modene View Post
What about getting a AirHawk seat cushion. I’ve use mine on several bikes with hard seats. My Airhawk I put very little air in it & have memory foam on top of the air bladder,all inside the zip cover. That’s my setup for longer trips.

That would be an option!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Is this the new member area?!?!??

I have tried to find the “new member area” so I can get my 2 posts in so it unlocks other sections but don’t see it!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
That’s takes me to the forum, not to a specific set of rules etc....
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Thinking of buying a Versys 300.

I have road motorcycles for 25+ years and have always owned Ducati Superbikes, Ducati Monsters, and a few 1000 cc super sports.

I’m over paying the insane prices for maintenance and was thinking about an adventure bike. As I was looking I came across the X300 and loved the price. The hardest part is getting past a 300 cc coming from some seriously powerful bikes however I never used them to even close to their potential.

My riding is always by myself, short local trips for fun, and on the backroads.

Any thoughts or advice?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:57 AM

Garage
Test ride one.

There are other bikes new and used in that price range. Check them all out and then make a decision.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:33 AM

If you're staying on pavement then other bikes are better than X300 due to not enough HP. If doing both pavement and off pavement and want a light bike, X300 might be the best.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwszabo View Post
I have tried to find the “new member area” so I can get my 2 posts in so it unlocks other sections but don’t see it!
I post that with every new member, I added please read about 2 months ago, as it seems some just don't get it. It would appear I may need to reevaluate that idea, as it doesn't seem to be working.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html please read

FYI you are in the new member forum and roughly today at 6 PM a full member
Fastoman likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 06-07-2019 at 08:28 AM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwszabo View Post
I have road motorcycles for 25+ years and have always owned Ducati Superbikes, Ducati Monsters, and a few 1000 cc super sports.

Iím over paying the insane prices for maintenance and was thinking about an adventure bike. As I was looking I came across the X300 and loved the price. The hardest part is getting past a 300 cc coming from some seriously powerful bikes however I never used them to even close to their potential.

My riding is always by myself, short local trips for fun, and on the backroads.

Any thoughts or advice?
You need to get your priorities right first before choosing a bike.

Is it age , finance problems , or you just want some thing that is light and easy on all aspect. The versys 650 is a good consideration and there are other models as well.

keep searching , don't rush and something will click.
onewizard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode