Riding companion?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Riding companion??

Yea my name is Ken and I do some riding my last trip was 3000 miles and four days and yes this means some days are long 16 to 19 hours but I do enjoy getting to a destination and camping.
My last ride was to the red desert in WY and to Yellowstone then back home to Vancouver WA
Just wondering if others are up to some adventure riding as well, my next trip will be back to the Red Desert in WY and exploring the area the ride will be at the end of May beginning of June.
I also have the notion of Moab Utah in my sights as well as others like Sedona AZ
Most of the fellas I stomp around with in my group are just not up to 1000 mile days or the 16 hours in the saddle so I decided to post a ad to see if other lunatics are out there??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM

To each his own, but what you indicate is a recipe for disaster, imo.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome but i will pass on the extreme long rides as i like to have good stops on my trips taking photos, enjoy a good yap with fellow riders at rest stops and also like to get into a place not to late so to enjoy the local place where we are camping up for the night but to each his own.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 01-30-2013 at 07:26 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM
MTS

Dude get your iron ass or whatever they call it. There is a thread on it! Those guys love rides like that!

Not my cup of tea!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

I due understand there are some risk involved I have been exposed to bike for some years and yes all though motocross is dangerous or some desert competition or flat tracking or some fast paced canyon riding. I plan prepare then execute that plan based upon information that I have done.
The rest is hold on and enjoy, it is not about Bravado so much for me it is about doing the task at hand, not signing up on some list to receive some special accommodation.
Just for my own pleasure of doing it.
As a general rule I due understand this type of riding is not for all. As I understand most of my riding companions I have are as well not their cup of tea but we still have bikes and the love of the sport in common.
I was in hopes of looking to open my horizons and find other V riders who may also be up to the adventure or other ideas for trips.
Not affirmations on how crazy the type of riding I choose to due is, I understand it is not safe..
And yea I do crazy stuff I will continue to push myself in the sport so I may keep my interest alive.
Not all great things happen as circumstance, sometime it is tenaciousness..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
To do those kind of miles you would have to ride on the interstates.

This is what Charles Kuralt says about travelling on the interstate:

Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.

I agree with this statement 100% and would rather tow my bike if I have to get somewhere fast. Then I can split the driving with a friend or two to save money as well.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Yep Thanks for your input..Ken
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 PM

3000 miles in four days. Hmmm so, what did you see during those four days? Other than the highway.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

The trips I get to do are four days and that one was one day in the Red Desert in WY to camp out in front of Fort La Clead and watched wild horses,antelope,and deer roaming around then witnessed the magical beauty of the desert sunset while having coffee and dinner, then to Yellowstone at the Old Faithful lodge to watch 232 buffalo migrate down from Montana then to the Nez/ Beaver Nat. Forest Via Nevada City Mt.there I was served two pieces of pie by the bedroom brown eyed beauty,then Lewiston Idaho to ask a police officer {whom was eating doughnuts} where is the nearest motel 6 then day 4 Fort Vancouver WA I saw a bit or stuff..

Last edited by KenB; 02-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 06:09 PM

I did 4 back to back 500+ miles days and really can't imagine doing more and still having much fun. I did stop to smell the roses but that meant 12 hour days.

Pretty sure I wouldn't have the mental stamina to do a 16 hour day.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

It is not easy to do but it is one way to see alot of country in a short amount of time and it is not the only rides I do, the one prior was riding from Vancouver WA to Sanfancico in a 4 days on a rigid frame chopper I built ,the only route was hwy101 for 1300 miles nice easy pace on a cool vintage chopper..Yea I like adventure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode