G'day from Sydney! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:02 PM

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride. Some of the best riding Iíve ever done was when I visited Cairns. Rented a kinda beat R1200GS and rode the coast, through the mountains to the Tablelandsand back again. The roads were like billiard tables, smooth without a blemish. Hope you share some sights when you ride around.
rsherman likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
Then unless you are a nightclub aficionado consider abandoning the rat race of the large cities. My nearby town has a hospital, dentists and all medical facilities, hotels, supermarkets, and all essential shopping, and I cannot even see the town from my hillside just 7 kms away.

Brisbane is 70kms away and I can get to the international airport in 1 hour 15 minutes.
The type of living that you're describing is exactly what I'm looking for. My wife wants to be close to the ocean, which complicates things slightly (it sure raises those property values), and as a remote worker, I pretty much have to have NBN. But I'm sure we'll find the right place before too long. The first step is moving up to the Gold Coast area...we'll probably rent for a year, and explore, and find just the right spot.

I can't wait.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinj View Post
Welcome from another newbe here.
Thanks mate, and welcome to you, as well!

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride. Some of the best riding Iíve ever done was when I visited Cairns. Rented a kinda beat R1200GS and rode the coast, through the mountains to the Tablelandsand back again. The roads were like billiard tables, smooth without a blemish. Hope you share some sights when you ride around.
I can't wait to get up to Cairns...probably won't happen for another year, but maybe we'll find a way to get up there this July, when my wife is on break from Uni. I will definitely share the sights of the rides, and look forward to seeing yours and other members rides, as well.

I don't actually have a ride yet! I've decided on the Versys 650, but haven't found the right one, yet. I reckon that will happen sometime over the next month. I'll definitely be letting everyone know when it happens.
DavidH likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode