Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hello from Aalborg, Denmark

954 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

42 year old dude, bought my best mates 2008 Versys 650 (with extensive modifications - turned into a naked bike, basically) last year. This is my first bike, and I'm taking all the courses I can afford to become a better and safer rider (..so I can have more fun within my limits - they're faaar lower than the bikes limits anyway :).

Father to a son of 21 who has long since moved out - and a daughter of 6 months (I didn't *plan* to be a cliché for a midlife crisis, it just kinda happened :) - Thankfully I get to ride frequently, despite the obligations, though mostly joyrides with a bunch of friends on all sorts of machinery. I swear by (and frequently into!) my Cardo Packtalk...

It's on nice and durable road tires now, and has been to Italy and around the Baltic states with my friend and his wife on the back. I would like to try a little greenlaning or the odd gravel road, so my project is to turn it into something a little more gravel-friendly. It already looks a little "zombie apocalypse" with everything torn off and a matte black paintjob, so next on my list is some new tires..

I could go on.. I'm just happy to be here, and hopefully learn all I can from you all.

See less See more
#4 ·
:welcome:

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.