Just bought in the San Francisco Bay Area - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By mrchunks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just bought in the San Francisco Bay Area

Hey, just bought a 2014 Versys, living in Berkeley. It's my first bike, other than the dirtbikes I had when I was a kid. I absolutely love it. It's a smidge tall for my 32 in inseam but I love being this high and I can still manuver through city traffic. Also, lane splitting is legal in California - I can't imagine sitting in this highway traffic. I can never leave this state!

Anyways, my bike was used and I'm looking to pick up some advice and instruction, maybe buy some used parts (anybody selling a green front fender? Mine has a crack ) and generally learn more about this bike. It seems like a hell of a well-rounded ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
here is an exceptionally large picture of my baby that hopefully doesn't break the page
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4217-1 copy.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	163331  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninutero View Post
here is an exceptionally large picture of my baby that hopefully doesn't break the page
and your picture looks normal and dint break the page..

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:57 AM

Garage
Welcome! I have 2013(First bike as well) and live in the Central Valley. I have really enjoyed it, while it's not a dirt bike I've been able to push it farther than I expected off the asphalt then I expected and I think most of that limitation is still the rider and not the bike!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Quote:
...Anyways, my bike was used and I'm looking to pick up some advice and instruction, maybe buy some used parts (anybody selling a green front fender? Mine has a crack ) and generally learn more about this bike. It seems like a hell of a well-rounded ride!
You can repair the fender w/ epoxy, and IF you do it from beneath you MIGHT get away w/out needing to paint it. OR you could paint it black like was done on the '15 green Vs:

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
aboard!

You can repair the fender w/ epoxy, and IF you do it from beneath you MIGHT get away w/out needing to paint it. OR you could paint it black like was done on the '15 green Vs:

(img I can't post a link to with my current post count)

Hmmm those actually look pretty good, maybe I will!

In the meantime I'm just trying to get my license. I just found out in my safety course (passed!) that I have to take the regular California written test when I take the motorcycle written test. At this point I'm going to feel exceptionally well-trained and certified in all things California driving.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoneerguy View Post
Welcome! I have 2013(First bike as well) and live in the Central Valley. I have really enjoyed it, while it's not a dirt bike I've been able to push it farther than I expected off the asphalt then I expected and I think most of that limitation is still the rider and not the bike!
Hey that's cool, I saw somebody else on here from the Bay. Is there any in-person meet ups or rider groups?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:52 PM

Garage
Not that I am aware of, I'm pretty new around here so maybe. I have noticed a few people in the area. It would be fun to get a ride together sometime.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey that's cool, I saw somebody else on here from the Bay. Is there any in-person meet ups or rider groups?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoneerguy View Post
Not that I am aware of, I'm pretty new around here so maybe. I have noticed a few people in the area. It would be fun to get a ride together sometime....
Try this part of the Forum:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-other-topics/
wagoneerguy likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hmmm those actually look pretty good, maybe I will!

In the meantime I'm just trying to get my license. I just found out in my safety course (passed!) that I have to take the regular California written test when I take the motorcycle written test. At this point I'm going to feel exceptionally well-trained and certified in all things California driving.
What's up, East Bay?

Just keep in mind that there's a big difference between "California driving" and "proper driving."
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I remember those written CA driving tests. I walked into DMV last August expecting to just p/u a learner's permit but found myself sitting in front of a computer unprepared, taking both tests, but managed to pass them anyway.

I'd love to get together for a ride, however I've got a couple of obstacles. Probably won't be available before June. PM me when you want to go out.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:16 PM

barf

check out the barf
bayarearidersforum.com
leftbrain99 and daninutero like this.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:22 AM

Welcome to the club! Enjoy your new bike. :]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode