New from SW FL - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By 7kings
  • 1 Post By 7kings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

New from SW FL

Hey all. I'm a new owner of a 2018 Versys 1000 LT, having traded my Super Tenere for something a little more street sporty (I was also looking at the Ninja 1000, but I have a bum knee that doesn't like to bend that much). Loving the inline 4 so far and I hope to learn a lot from the gurus here.

-Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 05:41 PM

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

aboard and enjoy your ride - Be safe.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:51 PM

Wow. How is it riding out there? How are drivers? And, how are the police?

Welcome. The guys who responded before me are the gurus here. Lot's of helpful people around here. Nice bike.

Let's see a pick of it against a nice Florida backdrop. What do you say?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Wheelie View Post
Wow. How is it riding out there? How are drivers? And, how are the police?

Welcome. The guys who responded before me are the gurus here. Lot's of helpful people around here. Nice bike.

Let's see a pick of it against a nice Florida backdrop. What do you say?

Riding down here is pretty good - we enjoy year-round riding weather, but here in SW Florida, there's not a lot of variation. Lots of straight, flat roads... The cops are hit-and-miss, but I've had pretty good luck, so I can't complain too much. Here's a pic I took this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	58775320_10216673282761686_2326145654629335040_n.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	163323  
onewizard and Jake Wheelie like this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:13 PM

Wow. That's such a beautiful machine. Seriously.

It still sounds fun out there. Maybe the cops are more interested in pulling over cars.

I was thinking about moving to the Tampa area in the next 3 years. I have friends in Jacksonville though, not Tampa. I try to ride year-round in the Bronx but it's not as much fun in the cold. Florida has always been so enticing.

Thanks for the input. And, have fun with your Versys 1000.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Wheelie View Post
Wow. That's such a beautiful machine. Seriously.

It still sounds fun out there. Maybe the cops are more interested in pulling over cars.

I was thinking about moving to the Tampa area in the next 3 years. I have friends in Jacksonville though, not Tampa. I try to ride year-round in the Bronx but it's not as much fun in the cold. Florida has always been so enticing.

Thanks for the input. And, have fun with your Versys 1000.

Thanks - I'm very happy with it so far, and I'm sure that I'll love it even more when I don't have to baby the engine anymore.

The Tampa area is pretty nice, although it's a little too congested for me. I'm about 60 miles south of Tampa and I much prefer the quieter areas down here around Sarasota and Charlotte counties.
Jake Wheelie likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:51 PM

Garage
I have 2 bad knees and a hip. The MotoWerk Foot Peg Lowering Blocks and MotoWerks Highway Peg Mounts with Rivcco Pegs to help on longer rides to get more comfortable....

P1010500 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Versys 1000 Moto Werk's Goodies by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I have 2 bad knees and a hip. The MotoWerk Foot Peg Lowering Blocks and MotoWerks Highway Peg Mounts with Rivcco Pegs to help on longer rides to get more comfortable....
Good thought, and they look good too. I'm thinking that I should be okay with the OEM setup, but I'm going to tuck this in my back pocket if I start feeling any soreness after a decent ride.

As an aside, are those Versys frame sliders, or did you get sliders and put Versys logos on them? I like the way they look.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7kings View Post
Good thought, and they look good too. I'm thinking that I should be okay with the OEM setup, but I'm going to tuck this in my back pocket if I start feeling any soreness after a decent ride.

As an aside, are those Versys frame sliders, or did you get sliders and put Versys logos on them? I like the way they look.

There T-rex Frame Sliders. When i got mine they came with the Versys lettering printed on them. They have changed them......https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2015-20...-p/n254-15.htm

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode