Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

new to the forum and looking for windshield advice / 2016 Versys 650

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  dmer 
#1 ·
took my wifes Versys out for a nice little ride and was quite impressed with it. I wasn't really impressed with the noise off of the windshield...lots of buffeting. What is everyone running for aftermarket windshields?

#2 · (Edited)
I'll wager there are about as many opinions as there are members of the forum! I can't say my choice is perfect but I'm pleased with the Givi screen I installed on my 2008 650 Gen 1 Versys. I'm 5'10" and with the Corbin saddle the bike came with when I bought it, the combination works well for me. I prefer looking over the top of the screen rather than looking through it so I'm not a fan of barn door windscreens.

Good luck with whatever you decide to install.

#3 ·
#9 ·
Many riders replace their windshield. Until then, you can move the windshield past the top stop metal notch. Move it beyond the track and move up as far as possible. There is a picture on my facebook page. Enjoy!

#14 ·
I've had add on spoilers on my bikes for many years. Before they became so cheap and common, I made my own with lexan and alum' brackets. Also have added lexan "wings" for increased width. Those who go thru' 3 or 4 windshields to find something acceptable, are slow learners. Properly adjusted spoilers stop buffeting, period!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.