obligatory post#1 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By jon snow
  • 1 Post By leftbrain99
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

obligatory post#1

just kidding.

So.. complete beginner here. Found a good price on a used Versys 2016 with 20k miles on it. Took a train, insured it and rode it back about a hundred miles or so. Terrifying experience..
I'm in college, got my licence and I wanted a do it all motorcycle instead of a faster city bike or a cruiser/adv for long trips. If I could get two bikes, I probably would not have chosen the versys. My main interest in motorcycles is long distance trips rather than track days, but I also needed to get around the city traffic for my daily commute. The versys was the obvious choice within my budget. I know me and the klr would have gotten along well too but maybe when I'm older. So far, the versys has exceeded my expectations in every way. I have a lot to learn but oh boy is it fun to ride a motorcycle or is that just me?

Joined this forum to get educated on this beautiful machine I have, as well as to take part in the collective versys experience. I welcome all and any advice.
quexpress likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html please read this. Also do me a favour and do your second post within this thread.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

bad joke, huh? anyway, i need advice on hard shifting and choppy throttle on the bike. I'll go to the correct forum and ask. Thanks.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:51 AM

Garage
For smoother shifting, I'd recommend a fully synthetic oil - Redline 10w40 has been super smooth for me.

As for better throttle response, Gen3 owners like yourself have the luxury of this ECU reflash option:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/#/topics/218691

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/#/topics/218243

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...650-steve.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-complete.html

Added correct copy links location --Onewizard
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-30-2019 at 09:44 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon snow View Post
...If I could get two bikes, I probably would not have chosen the versys. My main interest in motorcycles is long distance trips rather than track days, but I also needed to get around the city traffic for my daily commute. The versys was the obvious choice within my budget....
Since I replaced my KLR650 w/ my SECOND V650 (an '09 in '11 - a 'left-over' after buying the FIRST in AZ in '08) because the V650 is so adept at MOST things.

I replaced it w/ a '15 V650LT that has been ridden across Canada and back in '17, (8,668 miles in 25 days), as well as once to Alaska (of the THREE trips I've done there on V650s). On the three V650s, I've ridden MORE than 165,000 miles.

I BELIEVE you will find that the Versys "checks ALL the boxes", long distance, track days, commuting.

-
quexpress likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode