New one.. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

11Likes
  • 3 Post By Ricky Gee
  • 1 Post By Ricky Gee
  • 1 Post By Duffy
  • 1 Post By txcyclist
  • 1 Post By Randyjaco
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 3 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2019, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

New one..

Morning;
New member from Central Texas and making my first post. Just recently bought a 2008 V-650 as it seems to be called here. Not new the moto world by any means. Been riding for 50 years now. Currently own 3. 2008 Versys 650, 1980 Yamaha XS1100 and last but not least a 2010 Victory Vision. My son owns a 2018 Versys 300 and loves it so i decided to jump on board with a bike i could ride with him. the other two bikes i own really didn't fit the bill when riding with him. I buy and rebuild bikes as a hobby. Joined this group to pick up some pointers one what this bike is all about. Love to tinker with things to make them better. anyways, looking forward to reading and learning. I'm not much of a poster so dont expect big post counts out of me. But i do read a lot and will most likely log into the site each day.

Be well, and Ride safe..
onewizard, Fastoman and Duffy like this.

Last edited by Ricky Gee; 02-12-2019 at 06:39 AM. Reason: spell check
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2019, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

aboard senior rider. would love you remain active in the forum and share your vast experience.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:41 AM

Welcome from Colorado

AuroraTom
Aurora, CO
USMC 1963-1967
2015 V1K Orange
Givi Crash Bars
Kappa Trunk
Givi Windshield
LED amber fog/driving lights
Panel mounted digital voltmeter
Garmin 2610 GPS (ancient like me)
Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control

Old 02-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Increase Post Count / How To Access

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html
As in the title.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Gee View Post
Love to tinker with things to make them better. anyways, looking forward to reading and learning. I'm not much of a poster so dont expect big post counts out of me. But i do read a lot and will most likely log into the site each day.

Be well, and Ride safe..
Speaking of tinkering to make better here are the big changes that I made to help extract the best performance from the little V.

1. Installed a Nitron shock, sprung and valved for my weight.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ron-shock.html

2. Changed the fork oil in the right leg to 10 wt. This really helped with the front end dive under braking and overall damping. On your 08 bike I think you will have to change oil in both fork legs.

3. ECU flash from Steve in Sunny Florida. Really brought out the best from the engine, greatly improving the bikes rideability.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-complete.html

4. Installed an MRA windscreen.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...indscreen.html

Welcome aboard.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Welcome.......I'm going to be down in Harker Heights probably in April. Toy hauler with the bike in the back. Are you anywhere close?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:38 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Old 02-12-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Map says its 107 miles from my world. its up by Killeen it says.. Straight shot down I35 towards San Antonio. It terms of Texas, Hell partner that's just a quick step down the road LOL
Duffy likes this.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm.. the ECU reflash sounds interesting.. I read some of the link you shared. Didn't see what the cost or availability for the 08 650 though??
Old 02-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Garage
Welcome!

stand up tall, pretend you’re strong, in the hope that you can be
Old 02-13-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Map says its 107 miles from my world. its up by Killeen it says.. Straight shot down I35 towards San Antonio. It terms of Texas, Hell partner that's just a quick step down the road LOL
I might just give you a yell prior to heading down.
Ricky Gee likes this.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:22 PM

Welcome from about 4 hours east of you.
Ricky Gee likes this.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:05 PM

Garage
Welcome from Friendswood TX
Randy
Ricky Gee likes this.

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
Old 02-14-2019, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Everybody for the welcomes.
Still waiting on permissions to post on other threads. I guess the post count or the waiting period hasn't been met yet?
Anyways, after riding the bike home after I bought it I do what I normally do when I add a new one to the family, tore it apart to see what I got.. LOL At just short of 17K on the clock it wasn't in that bad of shape. Looks like to PO never pulled the tank cus the filter was still the original and looked like it had never been serviced .. That was disappointing to say the least. The filter was coming apart and fiber from it had coated the throttle body with trash. So that came apart and was cleaned back up. The coolant level was just past the low mark on the tank. It had add on lights, and battery tender as well as a GPS harness wired in. Looked like a rats nest so that all got cleaned up. Im sort of anal about stuff like that. Did the rest of the normal inspections and spent a entire evening cleaning and detailing the bike. Yea I'm kinda anal about that as well.. The family tells me it my OCD kicking in! LOL Rode it to work this morning and it felt really nice. I think I'm going to enjoy the bike a bunch the riding season. However, My Vision was not impressed with the new bike and Im sure its wondering how much time it will get on the wind this year.. No worries. it will get its fair share as its the perfect bike to ride in our hill country. Its a Sport bike that Tours..
Old 02-14-2019, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Second Post Time + 48HR+ 2 HR Scan Time

Quote:
Thanks Everybody for the welcomes.
Still waiting on permissions to post on other threads. I guess the post count or the waiting period hasn't been met yet?
Anyways, after riding the bike home after I bought it I do what I normally do when I add a new one to the family, tore it apart to see what I got.. LOL At just short of 17K on the clock it wasn't in that bad of shape. Looks like to PO never pulled the tank cus the filter was still the original and looked like it had never been serviced .. That was disappointing to say the least. The filter was coming apart and fiber from it had coated the throttle body with trash. So that came apart and was cleaned back up. The coolant level was just past the low mark on the tank. It had add on lights, and battery tender as well as a GPS harness wired in. Looked like a rats nest so that all got cleaned up. Im sort of anal about stuff like that. Did the rest of the normal inspections and spent a entire evening cleaning and detailing the bike. Yea I'm kinda anal about that as well.. The family tells me it my OCD kicking in! LOL Rode it to work this morning and it felt really nice. I think I'm going to enjoy the bike a bunch the riding season. However, My Vision was not impressed with the new bike and Im sure its wondering how much time it will get on the wind this year.. No worries. it will get its fair share as its the perfect bike to ride in our hill country. Its a Sport bike that Tours..
About 6:30 today
Ricky Gee likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
...2. Changed the fork oil in the right leg to 10 wt. This really helped with the front end dive under braking and overall damping. On your 08 bike I think you will have to change oil in both fork legs....
CORRECT!

Quote:
Hmmm.. the ECU reflash sounds interesting.. I read some of the link you shared. Didn't see what the cost or availability for the 08 650 though??
Ain't necessary for either the Gen 1 or Gen 2 bikes - ONLY the Gen 3s, and YOURS is a Gen 1
onewizard, hawkerjet and Ricky Gee like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in