New Member to Sport Touring and Inline 4's - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New Member to Sport Touring and Inline 4's

Thanks for adding me to the forum! Been riding since 2005. Started on a Ducati Monster 750. I currently live near Charlotte, NC.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I just bought a 2015 Versys 1000 which already has a few tasteful add-ons. My initial plans are to change the fluids, purchase a radiator guard and Top Case. Then simply ride!!

Thanks
Kevin
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 02:15 PM

Garage
I really like the inline 4 of my V-1K. Enjoy your bike.....

P1020257 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to learning about these machines and just enjoying the ride! I have been lurking a little bit and already gleaned a lot of good advice and I do appreciate it.

I'm sure I will be asking for help more than being able to contribute to others questions at first, but in time will share my experiences as well!

* Nice pic weljo2001 (what a view!)

2019 is going to be the best year yet!!

Kevin
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 06:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to learning about these machines and just enjoying the ride! I have been lurking a little bit and already gleaned a lot of good advice and I do appreciate it.

I'm sure I will be asking for help more than being able to contribute to others questions at first, but in time will share my experiences as well!

* Nice pic weljo2001 (what a view!)

2019 is going to be the best year yet!!

Kevin

That photo is from up on CA-2 ( Angels Crest Hwy ) I'm lucky to live 15 minutes or less to the Ocean and about 45 minutes from the Mountains .......

Bagel & Beach Run by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 07:46 PM

Garage
Welcome, I’m a new guy here and previous Monster rider too.

stand up tall, pretend you’re strong, in the hope that you can be
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

congrats on your new ride - Be safe.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 05:46 AM

So, why the switch from the racing bike to the ADV?
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
weljo2001,
Awesome! I moved from Ohio down to Charlotte and plan to enjoy both the Mountains and Ocean here - but I have a little further than 15 minutes to get there! That's ok it makes for a great ride!!
weljo2001 likes this.

Last edited by Nivek; 01-07-2019 at 06:58 PM.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey maine_man, I love my Monster - still have it - will always own a Duc!

Sorry guys I don't think I'm working the quick reply correctly! lol! I'm going to have to go to the instructions for idiots 101 board!!!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Fastoman!
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi Devilsfan,
Not switching - I still have my S2R1000 - I will always have a Duc!
My buddy has been bugging me for 10 years to go to Sturgis and I just thought I would have a lot more fun when I get there on this Versys than a Heritage or Streetglide! Not that there is anything wrong with those bikes, but I want to enjoy the roads!! Everything I've seen and read makes me feel like I won't be disappointed.
Devilsfan likes this.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...but I want to enjoy the roads!! Everything I've seen and read makes me feel like I won't be disappointed.
You WILL NOT be disappointed!

Sandy Wright likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Hi Devilsfan,
Not switching - I still have my S2R1000 - I will always have a Duc!
My buddy has been bugging me for 10 years to go to Sturgis and I just thought I would have a lot more fun when I get there on this Versys than a Heritage or Streetglide! Not that there is anything wrong with those bikes, but I want to enjoy the roads!! Everything I've seen and read makes me feel like I won't be disappointed.
You're gonna go nuts with all of the slow cruiser type bikes plugging up the roads, just sayin'. Try to get some riding in early in morning while everybody else is just waking up, it will be less of a problem.

It is quite the spectacle, though.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Good to hear Fasteddiecopeman!!
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I hear you SteveJ ! It's more just to hang with my buddy, but he claims I will like all the scenery and he doesn't go there to just slog around town all week. LoL! We'll see - not planning on going till 2020 - so I plan to burn up the Smokie Mountains this year as I'm only 2 hours from great riding!
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I hear you SteveJ ! It's more just to hang with my buddy, but he claims I will like all the scenery and he doesn't go there to just slog around town all week. LoL! We'll see - not planning on going till 2020 - so I plan to burn up the Smokie Mountains this year as I'm only 2 hours from great riding!
When you do get to Sturgis make sure you do Vanocker Rd, south bound from Sturgis.

I get up into western NC and north GA 2-3 times per year. Some quite decent riding. Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground near Crusco, NC and Two Wheels of Suches are my favorite places to stay up there.

Just in case you are not aware, Jim's Smokin' Q just south of Blairsville, GA rawks. They place highly on most Q best of lists.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

...And don't forget to visit Deadwood, as well as Rushmore.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode