Newbie - Proud New baby Versys owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Newbie - Proud New baby Versys owner

Hello from South Africa,

I am a proud new comer to the Versys world, having just bought a beautiful green baby Versys (2018 X300 ABS) . I've been looking for a smaller run-about-town bike to dust off the cobwebs, having not ridden for over 25 years. What a pleasure this new toy is. Very nippy, beautifully responsive, yet easy to handle in the traffic. The posture 'feels' like a big bike, but not nearly as terrifyingly powerful as the Versys 1000 I took for a test ride a few weeks ago. (That test ride made me realize how long ago I had been on a two wheeler and illuminated the fact that my ego might have been bigger than the old GSX1100 I sold in 1992... Holy crap that new 1000 is powerful!! )

Ok, back to the new baby. Very excited to get back into the swing of things and could not have chosen a better sparring partner to get the rust off the wrist.

The long term plan is to pass this 300 onto my teenager son when he will be old enough to legally ride it (2 years from now) and upgrade myself to something more becoming. This is the perfect intro bike for a youngster out growing his 125cc 'school' bike. (..and for Dad who may have lost some nerve along with his hair over the past 25 years)
Looking forward to learning and sharing more about this new found hot-green-bundle of Versys joy - nicknamed Wasabi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html For some reason you got caught in the spam filter, could be your IP address , this may continue for a few more posts, if it does, wait, as it is easier to approve a moderated post than delete double posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
...The long term plan is to pass this 300 onto my teenager son when he will be old enough to legally ride it (2 years from now) and upgrade myself to something more becoming....
You MIGHT find that the 300 is just PERFECT for you, as many others are finding out!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

a good bike to get your confidence back.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the hearty well come. Been reading some handy tips and about awesome adventures (FEC) on here. Looking forward to settling in.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 05:35 AM

Garage
Welcome ! You set a great example for your son to follow. By demonstrating your honesty in your current abilities as a rider. While choosing the right size / displacement to ease yourself back into riding. Sharing that passion with your son is a great gift. Now go out and enjoy Wasabi.

It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode