New Owner on Long Island - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Owner on Long Island

Hi All,

Just bought a new 2017 650 Versys LT to replace by beloved Honda NT 700 that has 80,000 miles and was beginning to act up. This Versys seemed close to my NT. Love it so far. I've already been reading this forum to learn more about the bike.

HLape
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
from the other side of the universe-Far East. Enjoy your ride and be safe.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Don't forget about the chain maintenance! I know you're going to miss the NT's shaft drive but you'll get used to it!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Your new V will be so much fun it will turn Long Island into short island pretty quickly...Lol.

You have some great roads to enjoy. I remember taking a rental car from Jersey across the Tappen Zee and up 9 to Cold Spring for lunch. Full fall color day. Absolutely stunning. Would have been great on a bike.

Welcome aboard.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

I've been on that road and many others in NY and elsewhere. I put 80,000 on my 2010 NT 700. My wife and I are already planning a trip south looking for a window of decent weather in late February to make our break from the northeast cold down to FL and back visiting friends and family. Can hardly wait. In the meantime, I'm getting my heated gear fitted to the new bike. It's my vehicle for getting around town year round.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:47 AM

Hello from the other end of the island. Enjoy! I picked my versys after debating on an NC700 and a few others but there wasn’t one locally and the versys was priced better. Been very happy with it so far.

2018 Versys 650 ABS
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 04:29 PM

Enjoy! Welcome.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcruarceri View Post
Hello from the other end of the island. Enjoy! I picked my versys after debating on an NC700 and a few others but there wasn’t one locally and the versys was priced better. Been very happy with it so far.
I considered the NC 700 and the VStrom, but got a good deal on a new 2017 LT. I've put over 100 miles on it and really love it. My wife joined me yesterday. It's a bit tighter than the NT 700 but will work find for extended cruising.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlape View Post
I considered the NC 700 and the VStrom, but got a good deal on a new 2017 LT. I've put over 100 miles on it and really love it. My wife joined me yesterday. It's a bit tighter than the NT 700 but will work find for extended cruising.
Sounds like fun. If you find yourself riding to the point let me know. This is my first full size bike, I had a 200cc for a couple years before this for fun but felt trapped east of the shinnecock b.c it was so buzzy on the highway. The versys has opened up my riding area dramatically since than.

2018 Versys 650 ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in