For SALE / User Profile / PM / Update /Email Notification - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Arrow For SALE / User Profile / PM / Update /Email Notification

For those that don't have a email linked to your PM, and this link is private with no viewable data as to your email address, this is how you edit this. First open a second browser, as it is impossible to remember everything I have stated here

FYI and I added this link for all New For Sale posts, Time permitting ,that don't have email notification, Which is 100% private,no one can see this address.*** Now it is up to the individual ( fall 2018), 95% of the For Sale Adds have this set, I give a like on their first post after checking their settings as being corrected

Note: some post their private email in the add or include a phone number FYI , the whole world can see this, and what I mean by that, any search engine, any spammer , anyone trying to take over your identity, no membership required And that is why I encourage members to use the provided Private & Secure means of using the forum for notification.

First click User CP just left of Log Out

Next look for Settings & Options within this look for Edit Options click this, the first you will see at the top Use Invisible Mode look further down**Messaging & Notification Under receive email from administrator should be checked, no worries though, they can find you!

The important one is Private Messaging the first is enable PM which you have checked , the important one is 3rd down Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages this needs to be checked Don't Stop you can go through all the other settings and modify or leave as is, Please scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes

Below is a little more info, for those not that computer savvy, open 2 browsers with the forum

FYI due to privacy issues KawiMan / Administration will not and cannot have email notification as a default, since I have already pulled a work order on this and that was the answer.

Also the For Sale has provisions to close the Add once Sold by the OP, this just isn't happening either so https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...se-delete.html is my chosen method, if you are able , open a second browser with the forum, 1st browser go to the add you have , right click copy link location, now go to the second browser and open https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...se-delete.html paste then post, your done, expect a like from one of us mods and your add vanishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode