New Versys 650 Owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Roon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Versys 650 Owner

Greetings All,
Just picked up a 2009 Blue/Silver Versys 650 with 1604 Miles, all stock except for a Corbin Seat. My bud bought one last month and after taking it for a ride I had to get one!!! We just clocked our first ride together and this thing is a blast. I traded in a Yamaha XT but I'd say this is my first real street bike after years of racing motocross/playing in the dirt. Looking forward to poking around the forum and learning everything I can about this thing and seeing what options there are for making it better...
weljo2001 and Sandy Wright like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Good Choice in color...I miss my old blue V......

IMG_0479 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Its called Plasma Blueeeeee. The best & fast one among the V.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks all, it's been a crazy two months to finish out 2018 especially since I took a new position at work so I haven't got to post at all. Weljo, do you remember what brand/style those mirrors were on your old blue V? They look similar to the mirrors on my bud's bike but they have no markings at all. His mirrors give a much better rear view than the stockers on my bike.

Weather has been pretty crappy since I got the bike so I've only got to put about 400 miles on it so far, some of that cold riding when I just couldn't resist. I'm looking at top cases as a good crew of friends are talking about road trips to South Texas/Northwest Arkansas when it gets warmer. But first I have to get new tires, with such low miles I'm sure these Dunlops are the original tires and 10 year old rubber makes me nervous. LoL, why can't I find a cheap hobby???

So, so far my only "upgrade" has been a real street helmet (I rode my XT with my motocross helmet) and then a Sena Bluetooth system. That is awesome, being able to talk to my riding partner(s) makes the ride so much more fun. I can't wait for more time on this bike!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
Thanks all, it's been a crazy two months to finish out 2018 especially since I took a new position at work so I haven't got to post at all. Weljo, do you remember what brand/style those mirrors were on your old blue V? ...
FWIW - I replaced the stock mirrors on BOTH my '08 and '09 V650s w/ Aprilia Tuono mirrors, and they are GREAT! Basically - NO vibrations.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode