New member with a Versys-X 300 in California - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

4Likes
  • 2 Post By DaveG
  • 1 Post By DaveG
  • 1 Post By DaveG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New member with a Versys-X 300 in California

Hello All,

I've been riding motocross, dual-purpose, and touring bikes for over 40 years. When I learned of the Versys-X 300 rather late in mid-December 2017, I was instantly taken and purchased one the next week when I visited my parents during the Christmas holiday. I'm garaging the bike at my parents' new home in the foothills so I can explore the backroads, gravel byways, and forest service roads in the surrounding Gold Country and Sierra Nevada whenever I visit. I've been outfitting the bike for adventure touring this year and I'm looking forward to multiday trips soon.

Cheers,
Dave
mrvwbug and Althau like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
enjoy your ride , be safe.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html

Yes the X300 has my attention,possibly once they get the gearing corrected, as many wish to be up 1 tooth on the front sprocket, however after leaving the DRZ400S, I have no wish to return there, my off road days are behind me, nothing close by that would be safe, which is why I sold it, twice having the bike on top of me, by myself, not a good idea . ( 4 wheel drive tracks that had all kinds of stuff buried , such as plywood, to get them out, nothing like hitting a piece of plywood covered in mud, with knobby's )
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 01:34 PM

welcome from texas.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Hello All,

I've been riding motocross, dual-purpose, and touring bikes for over 40 years. When I learned of the Versys-X 300 rather late in mid-December 2017, I was instantly taken and purchased one the next week when I visited my parents during the Christmas holiday. I'm garaging the bike at my parents' new home in the foothills so I can explore the backroads, gravel byways, and forest service roads in the surrounding Gold Country and Sierra Nevada whenever I visit. I've been outfitting the bike for adventure touring this year and I'm looking forward to multiday trips soon.

Cheers,
Dave
My son lives just outside of Murphys off HWY 4 on the awesome Ebbetts Pass. LOVE riding up there! Never get tired of riding the roads around the Gold Country.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the welcomes!

@onewizard, I immediately installed a $14, 15-tooth countershaft sprocket which made a significant improvement to me. Plus it was an opportunity to correct the chain tension, adjust front and rear sprocket alignment, and check front and rear wheel alignment. I plan to add some new data to the Sticky: Versys x300 - Sprockets/Re-gearing Causes Engine Fault Light discussion.
onewizard likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

@Buffalo_Bob, I keep saying the climb up Murphys Grade Rd is my favorite stretch of asphalt! My first significant ride on the Versys-X 300 was a counterclockwise loop to visit my uncle in Arnold, over Pacific Grade Summit and Ebbetts Pass, through Markleeville and Hope Valley, over Carson Pass, and through West Point and Mokelumne Hill. A very special ride!
Althau likes this.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
@Buffalo_Bob, I keep saying the climb up Murphys Grade Rd is my favorite stretch of asphalt! My first significant ride on the Versys-X 300 was a counterclockwise loop to visit my uncle in Arnold, over Pacific Grade Summit and Ebbetts Pass, through Markleeville and Hope Valley, over Carson Pass, and through West Point and Mokelumne Hill. A very special ride!
Yep, perfect ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode