Major consideration, good month of time, and I'm here - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eucy
  • 1 Post By Eucy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Major consideration, good month of time, and I'm here

So I battled with myself over the last year about how much, or how little I was enjoying my Drz400. Love the bike and have poured gallons and gallons of fuel into her, but... I've come to think of the risk I'm taking on an afternoon in the woods over over what I have considered valuable stress release. I'm very near fifty years old, good health, fantastic family, and I want to keep it that way. Pulling up on the bar and separating myself from the Earth doesn't bring joy any longer. It causes me to think about recovery time. Lol.

Last few rides towards the woods got me thinking about how nice it would be to be on the highway with a 6th gear, less aggressive tread, and some wind protection. But still be trail worthy.

Domino's stared falling at that point. Spreadsheet was made with the mind set of l"et the math rule the results". Really wanted the 650 v-strom to win out, it didn't. Neither did the tenere, nc/nx/cb, BMW's (all of them), or any "Enduro" for that matter.

Surprised, I was left looking at a page containing the smallest engine and the least cost amongst them. But it checked all of my boxes and then some.

I placed my Drz on the local classifieds hoping it might sell by end November so I could try and locate an end of the year deal and avoid the retail shake down. One call and the wheelie pooping, air loving Drz was sold.

As I was removing the classified listing I noticed a real nice 300x for sale that had much of the items I'd alter already done. But it wasn't green. Two trips to dealers and several exercises in math and I returned to that ad with a bit of curiosity.

Several several emails later, and it was in the back of my truck happily on the way back home. That's a tough thing to do. Have a wonderfully appointed bike with just over 2,000 miles on it (not a scratch)in the back of the truck when you want so badly to be atop it eating up the miles.

And that's my story. Its how I arrived here. A Change in my motorcycle direction. Genre I didn't consider prior. I've put a few hours on her so far and can confidently say I'm an adventure rider.

Hello all,

Eucy
turn8a likes this.

Last edited by Eucy; 10-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:07 PM

Welcome!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:24 PM

Welcome and congrats on new purchase. All we know about the color is that I'ts not green.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

its grey,

Once mother natural decides to stop the madness with the rain. I'll drop a picture or two in the profile. Maybe I should have bought a canoe....
Skypilot 69 likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode