New Here - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Here

Just bought a 2016 Versys 650 LT. So far I love the bike. The previous owner added heated grips, throttle lock, power outlet, and a gel seat. I got it for an amazing price. What other mods would you guys recommend? Crash bars? Running lights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html
A picture is = 1000 words, here is a starter:
Denali split sound bomb horn

Denali D 2.0 Lights & Philips LED city lights- China LED light Strips / LED signal lights.

Neat little voltmeter

Last edited by onewizard; 09-15-2018 at 12:55 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Piercy View Post
...What other mods would you guys recommend?....
Crash bars?

YES!

Running lights?

YES!

...and a better horn as onewizard ponted out, tho' I use the WOLO Bad Boy from Harbor-Freight (about $29.99) altho' my pics show a STEBEL Nautilus on my "since-retired" '09, and mount it under the left-side upper-fairing:

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Lovin every minute of it!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Here's a pic of the WOLO in my '08 (the '15 has a WOLO too).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-16-2018 at 03:17 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Deleted Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Piercy View Post
Just bought a 2016 Versys 650 LT. So far I love the bike. The previous owner added heated grips, throttle lock, power outlet, and a gel seat. I got it for an amazing price. What other mods would you guys recommend? Crash bars? Running lights?
FYI, two things, deleting your post put you back as to the time clock for starting or posting in other forums ( 2 days 48 hours). Since you deleted it, your choice, however in Ontario Canada , all selling and buying requires a used vehicle package, I will highlight a key area, which they ( licensing / taxation) are required to honor no matter what the person behind the counter says.Keep in mind, it is the seller that is responsible for stating the price, it is also prudent to have a copy of a certified cheque with that amount, keep in mind, accepting them to state it is worth more, implies you have falsified information.

Ask to see the Used Vehicle Information Package
Read the information included in the package carefully before you buy the vehicle. Check out a suspicious vehicle history. Further information may be obtained from the Ministry of Transportation
Verify the vehicle’s emissions testing history for vehicles seven years and older by checking Drive Clean website. You will need the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to run this free search. Note that if you purchase a vehicle with a conditional pass test result received on or after April 1, 2017, you will need to make all required emissions repairs by your next registration renewal date because your vehicle will not qualify for a consecutive conditional pass.
If you buy the vehicle, make sure the seller gives you the package
Get the vehicle permit with the completed Application for Transfer from the seller.
Get the "Bill of Sale" from the seller. Make sure the seller fills out their name and signature, date, and purchase price
Bring the plate portion of the vehicle registration permit (if you are attaching your plate to the vehicle).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode