Glad to be back - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

11Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By tzoykas
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By Arion
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Wrecklessbman
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By DaveC
  • 1 Post By Fastoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Red face Glad to be back

Hello everybody

I was in the forum while I had my 2009 Versys 650 but didn't post anything after I sold it five years ago. I can see a total overhaul now in the forum. I just got my new Versys X-300.

So, happy to be back
George

Last edited by tzoykas; 08-03-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html

Just curious what differences you see in the forum, besides 3 models as opposed to 1 back in 2013
tzoykas likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Just curious what differences you see in the forum, besides 3 models as opposed to 1 back in 2013
I was actually referring to the content and structure. Besides, I'm old. I don't remember much
onewizard and Fastoman like this.

Ride safe
Versys X-300, Ducati Multistrada 1200 ABS

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

AGAIN, George.
tzoykas likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzoykas View Post
I was actually referring to the content and structure. Besides, I'm old. I don't remember much
I had to tell my wife I'm not the only one who says I'm old and don't remember much!
Actually, I remember more than I admit but don't tell her I said that.
tzoykas and Fastoman like this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
tzoykas likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 05:45 PM

Hey George! I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. I just got a 2017 Versys X 300 after having a 650 for 4 years. How are you liking it so far? Also where abouts in Canada are you located?

Cheers,

Braden from BC
tzoykas likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecklessbman View Post
Hey George! I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. I just got a 2017 Versys X 300 after having a 650 for 4 years. How are you liking it so far? Also where abouts in Canada are you located?

Cheers,

Braden from BC
Am I in Canada??? When did that happen??? It seems I remember even less than I thought!
I'm actually in Greece Braden. Maybe my internet provider is screwing things up and shows me as writing from Canada? But greetings to Canada nevertheless.

The 650 was a great bike (my first "big" two wheeler). It was very swift in the city, great on the road, excellent mileage and you could load it like a mule. I totally enjoyed it. Then I wanted something more and I got my Multistrada 1200, which made me forget the 650 totally (or any other bike for that matter). However, after some hot summers here, I decided that I can't take the heat while riding in the city and should do a favor to me and the Multi as well, so I got a Z250SL. It was a brilliant bike. Super light, nimble, with enough power for the city and with great handling. However, it wasn't practical at all. Could not get a second person for more than 10 minutes on the back and could not find a top rack to equip it with a top bag. So, I sold it and got the X-300. I've only had it for 30 kms, but it suits me like a glove for city riding and short distance commuting. I haven't given it the beans yet as I like to be on the safe side when running it in. But it looks like I'm gonna stick with it forever. Light, nimble, upright riding position and the motor seems very lively. Pair that with the 17 liter tank and it seems that I will never need anything else. I'll let you know how I like it in a few months time.

Ride safe
Versys X-300, Ducati Multistrada 1200 ABS
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 10:16 AM

**for some reason I can't reply to your most recent post**

Haha I am very newby at this. Glad to hear about finding the right bike. I've been all over that debacle but I've always had a knack for my Versys. The engine is a bit revvy but other than that she's been one friggin awesome bike.

I've found once you open up the Versys and start hitting the corners at speed is where she screams amazing. Dipping in to the corners and flying out it just handles it amazingly.

As for fuel consumption as well I've never found the need to be stopping for fuel all the time. I've found myself getting nearly 400km to a tank!

I think we may have found our bike!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
...Actually, I remember more than I admit but don't tell her I said that.
Tell WHO...?

Jaes1 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Reading Skills 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecklessbman View Post
**for some reason I can't reply to your most recent post**

Haha I am very newby at this. Glad to hear about finding the right bike. I've been all over that debacle but I've always had a knack for my Versys. The engine is a bit revvy but other than that she's been one friggin awesome bike.

I've found once you open up the Versys and start hitting the corners at speed is where she screams amazing. Dipping in to the corners and flying out it just handles it amazingly.

As for fuel consumption as well I've never found the need to be stopping for fuel all the time. I've found myself getting nearly 400km to a tank!

I think we may have found our bike!
I can be annoying at times

However https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ber-intro.html should have been in your welcome post. As in post #2 of this thread

Last edited by onewizard; 08-04-2018 at 03:28 PM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Welcome!
tzoykas likes this.

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
back.
tzoykas likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode