Kawasaki Versys x300 tool kit - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kawasaki Versys x300 tool kit

What type of toolkit - brand do you recommend that I carry for my Kawasaki Versys x300 ABS?
Other than the one that came with the motorcycle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 09:12 PM

Garage
Unfortunately my X300 has never broken down , but the kit seems to cover most things. So I do all of my maintenance in the garage.

I always carry a few extras just in case. Tie wire, No.10 fencing wire, duct tape, lots of zip ties, some shock cord and on trips a couple of spare tubes. You can however get away with just a 19" and cram it, if necessary, into the rear wheel to get you home.

I cannot remember when I last used any of the extras I carry, but surely it's best to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. Perhaps I should invest in a mini socket set and a mini air pump.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
Unfortunately my X300 has never broken down , but the kit seems to cover most things. So I do all of my maintenance in the garage.

I always carry a few extras just in case. Tie wire, No.10 fencing wire, duct tape, lots of zip ties, some shock cord and on trips a couple of spare tubes. You can however get away with just a 19" and cram it, if necessary, into the rear wheel to get you home.

I cannot remember when I last used any of the extras I carry, but surely it's best to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. Perhaps I should invest in a mini socket set and a mini air pump.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply! I really appreciate it. I sure hope too I will never have to use the stuff.
I wasn't sure if the tires are with a tube or tubeless... good to know those are with a tube.., I guess.. that would be more work to repair on the road.
I will add to my tools what you recommended: Tie wire, No.10 fencing wire, duct tape, lots of zip ties, some shock cord and on trips a couple of spare tubes. 19" and cram it.

I was wondering about the metric tools.. something like this: Pit Posse
Pit Posse PP2879 Motorcycle ATV Metric Tool Kit Honda Kawasaki Yamaha Suzuki - if that would work with my Versys x-300

I got electric tape, gorilla tape, Motion Pro 08-0536 BeadPro Forged Steel Tire Bead Breaker and Lever Tool Set
Sold by: MotoMummy, Three Spoon Motorcycle Tire Levers Irons Changing Tool Kit with Case Set
Sold by: redhoundauto, Nuoxinus Motorcycle Bike Mechanic Repair Tool Kit with 16 In 1 Multi-Function Allen Key Multi Hex Wrench Screwdriver for Home Outdoor Travel Camping Sport Bicycle Cycling, TAITEC Puncture Repair Kit PRO-1034A Car & Truck Tires Tubeless Tire Repair Plug
Sold by: RacingPowerSports, Pit Posse PP3167 Tire Puncture Repair Inflation Inflator Tool Kit Motorcycle ATV Quad Dirt Bike
Sold by: Boss Powersports Outlet. and Aerostich Mini Compressor - air pump.

It's cool that you are in Australia.. replying to me. How many miles you have in your Versys?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...a couple of spare tubes. You can however get away with just a 19" and cram it, if necessary, into the rear wheel to get you home....
When I had a KLR650 I decided to modify the spoked-wheels to TUBELESS. It took me about a week to do it (waiting for the silicone-seal to 'cure', then reinstalling the tire, checking for leaking spokes, etc, etc, but it was WORTH it!). When I returned from wintering in AZ back THEN - the tires were still close to what pressures I'd put into them in the fall, so they held air PDG.

I just checked Shinko E705s (which is what I use NOW, and what I put on the KLR THEN) and your rear tire IS available as a TL, and for the front you can get a 120/70 x 19 or a 110/80 x 19.

IF enough of you would like to have a "blow-by-blow" on HOW to convert to TL (TubeLess), I'd be willing to post pics and explanations of what I did.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 08:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
When I had a KLR650 I decided to modify the spoked-wheels to TUBELESS. It took me about a week to do it (waiting for the silicone-seal to 'cure', then reinstalling the tire, checking for leaking spokes, etc, etc, but it was WORTH it!). When I returned from wintering in AZ back THEN - the tires were still close to what pressures I'd put into them in the fall, so they held air PDG.

I just checked Shinko E705s (which is what I use NOW, and what I put on the KLR THEN) and your rear tire IS available as a TL, and for the front you can get a 120/70 x 19 or a 110/80 x 19.

IF enough of you would like to have a "blow-by-blow" on HOW to convert to TL (TubeLess), I'd be willing to post pics and explanations of what I did.
I would be interested to know how you did this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would be interested to know how you did this.
I'm just setting-up my pics, so watch for a "step-by-step" w/ pics in a few days....
Brockie likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
versys x300 abs toolkit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode