Prospective member in Denver - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Laffin
  • 1 Post By Laffin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Prospective member in Denver

Hi everyone,

I'm up in Denver and am seriously thinking of getting my arse on a Versys 650. Originally from England and have been riding motorcycles for near 25 years I feel the time to buy is around the corner.
Had all types of bikes over the years, usually keep them a couple of years before getting that bug for something else. Last ride was a 2011 Harley FXDC which although really nice just didnt give me that fun factor that I was seeking.
I ride all the time, only the snow and ice stops me and luckily Denver really isnt bad in that respect and I usually get to ride year round but a week or two for the ice when temps go lower.

Now I'm in the middle years of my life I am wanting that do it all bike so I can explore the fire trails, do some long distance and commute/errands which leads me to the Versys 650.

I see a few for sale locally and also the dealer is offering a good deal on a leftover 2017. I really like the looks of the newer gen but the second gen is also tickling my fancy. Havent rode one of these yet but hopefully plan to do so in the coming weeks unless I just go and buy one first

Did have an SV650 and really liked that engine plus the light weight feel of the bike. I am on the shorter side 5ft8 and did have a Triumph Scrambler which I believe sits higher 33" like the versys but I think the seat is thinner on the scrambler.

Anyways, just trying to decide which bike is next and wanted to say hello
bwagner5150 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 07:26 PM

Garage
Welcome. Before you buy, take a test ride at the dealership. I am 5' 10" and I barely fit on my lowered 2008. At 5' 8", unless you have have long legs, the Versys may not be for you.
Good luck
Randy
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Randy. I will head to a dealer and sit on one to see. I hope it fits as I really like the bike. I mentioned the Triumph Scrambler and that tall seat height, I could tip toe that bike but at stops I would have one leg on a peg the other flat on the ground.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

I actually found this website cycle-ergo.com

I would be tip toeing the versys a little higher than the scrambler was. I would probably have to get a lowering kit for an inch or two.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome from Canada

to the forum , please read;http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ber-intro.html
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm going to be at the dealership on Friday to test ride one of the 650's. I'm quite surprised how cheap these bikes are, they are already offering me a 2017 model for a good price should I like the test ride.
onewizard likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Good news for me, did a tester on the new 650 and loved it.
Fits just great, I was worried I wouldnt be able to get my feet down but balls of my feet in my riding boots were flat and just the heels didnt touch but felt sturdy as the bike is light. One foot on a peg the other flat footed and thats good too.

Now its time to find the best deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode