Howdy from Texas! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By jbeck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Howdy from Texas!

First time here and actually first time motorcycle rider. A friend of ours is selling his 2008 Versys 650 and I thought to finally act on my desire to get into motorcycle riding. Still have to do the mandatory BRC to get the motorcycle add-on to my drivers license, but that will be done shortly. I am actually doing it together with my wife. She's getting a brand new Honda CB300F and I get the Versys. Hope that's OK to mention on a Kawasaki forum.

Anyways, our friend is bringing the bike over tomorrow and I thought I better get up to speed on all things Versys and join the forum. Great to be here and learn a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome from Canada

to the forum , please read;http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ber-intro.html As to mentioning, this forum is extremely open, as long as you aren't trying to sell insurance or offer some Doctor Certification , no worries, there are even links to other forums, 99% of the members here are here for a reason, you will find UK Versys members here, AdvRider members here, and the list goes on!!

Last edited by onewizard; 06-02-2018 at 05:18 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Good to have you along!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
& A Big Howdy from a Ft.Worth boy .....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Appreciate the warm welcome. :-) Already looked at that link and hopefully have everything set up correctly.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
& A Big Howdy from a Ft.Worth boy .....
Awesome! My big first adventure after taking the BRC is to go pick up my wife's bike in Tyler, about 1 1/2 hour away. She doesn't have her's done yet, so don't want to get her into trouble bringing it back. But from there on, it's going to be the Versys for me!
weljo2001 likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
Awesome! My big first adventure after taking the BRC is to go pick up my wife's bike in Tyler, about 1 1/2 hour away. She doesn't have her's done yet, so don't want to get her into trouble bringing it back. But from there on, it's going to be the Versys for me!

Been awhile since I've been home. Could really go for some good BBQ, Tex-Mex or a Chicken Fried Steak...But for now I'll just rough it out here in SoCal...

Tuesdays Ride To Grizzly Cafe by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010685 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1010615 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 06:46 PM

Garage
Welcome from Friendswood TX. I purchased a 2008 a couple of months ago and I love it. It's a lot of bike for a noob, so BE CAREFUL, but enjoy

Randy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

MORE 'gratuitous' pics like "weljo" posted:

St. Simeon, QC

on the Florence/Kelvin Hwy in AZ

and Inuvik, NWT Canada.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
And a big "Howdy!" back atcha from Houston!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode