New to the forum - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New to the forum

Hey all, just bought a used 2008 Kawi Versys 650 last month and I've been finding a lot of good information on this forum, so I thought I would join up and introduce myself. A bit about me...I'm from Buffalo, NY and still live in the area. Just took the MSS in April of 2017 so only a year and change of riding experience, but I'm absolutely loving it. Spent most of my first year riding a Honda Rebel 250 that I bought with my buddy I took the MSS course because we were both broke as a joke at the time, but we wanted a bike to learn on. He ended up getting a used BMW F800GS last season so I logged tons of slow miles on the Rebel last summer and fall. I pulled the trigger on the Versys early this fall (before it was warm enough to ride) and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm using it as a commuter, for rides around town just for fun, and soon I will be outfitting it with a top case and side bags for some light touring. So far it has done everything I've asked of it quite capably. At this point I don't have too many questions, but I'm sure I will at some point. The only thing I'm stuck on right now is addressing the mirrors. The right mirror (on my right) forces me to physically move my head down to see anything. The left mirror I don't have to move my head, but it mainly provides a good shot of my left shoulder. While it is a fairly interesting shoulder (it's been dislocated three times), that is not exactly what I'm looking for while trying to ride safely. I've tried several adjustments, but the OEM mirrors kind of suck in my opinion. I'm probably going to grab the Moto Werk mirror extenders to start, but I don't see how that will help with the problem I have with the right mirror as I will probably still have to dip my head a bit to get a view behind me. It seems to be a height issue. If anyone has any recommendations for mirrors that will correct this very minor gripe I have with the bike, I'm all ears. Anyways, nice to meet y'all and looking forward to your insights.

Cheers,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome from Canada

to the forum , please read;http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ber-intro.html
Mirrors here you go, when I had my 07, best thing I ever did, C/W speedy mirror extenders for that year, they changed on the 2015
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...market+mirrors

Last edited by onewizard; 05-24-2018 at 06:30 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
On my 09 i went with Motowerk Mirror Extenders and some cheap Ebay Mirrors that worked great......https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...s-for-kawasaki .... https://www.ebay.com/itm/10MM-rear-v...AAAOSwcLxYFzZK

Video showing how the mirrors worked....you can skip the first 40 seconds...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1974 View Post
...If anyone has any recommendations for mirrors that will correct this very minor gripe I have with the bike, I'm all ears. Anyways, nice to meet y'all and looking forward to your insights.

Cheers,
Mark
I put APRILIA TUONO mirrors on BOTH my Gen 1s,

c/w Ebay mirror extenders, which EXTEND and RAISE the mirrors.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09214 copycopy.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	153370   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09218 copycopy.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	153378  

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks onewizard, weljo and fasteddiecopeman for the recommendations! I'll report back with what I end up going with.

Last edited by mac1974; 05-25-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: added fast eddie as his post came in while I was still typing my response and I missed it
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
On my Versys 1000 i went with the KTM Folding Mirrors the stalk is adjustable. I have mine on the shortest adjustment while using them with my MotoWerk Mirror Extenders....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...g-mirrors.html

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode