Brand New Member - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Brand New Member

Just yesterday I acquired a 2016 650LT. It's a special occasion since it's the first bike I've owned with a manufacture date after 1982. I'm no longer interested in spending any significant time restoring and maintaining old British Iron, (Triumph and Norton) or newer Japanese icons ('82 Honda CB900SS). Time to enjoy all the modern amenities and just ride. From all accounts I just purchased quite a machine!
unstable_rider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome aboard from San Antonio, Texas. Enjoy modern!!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Fond San Antonio Memories (sort of)

Thanks for the welcome. I almost enjoyed my one visit to San Antonio. However, I was too busy with basic training at Lackland AFB to see much of your town. Maybe someday..

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome from Canada

to the forum , please read;http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ber-intro.html
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Congrats on a great bike.... and

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
enjoy your ride. be safe
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:39 PM

Welcome from Illinois. Congrats on the new bike, I also purchased a 2016 V650 LT about a month ago and am really enjoying this great bike. I'm 66 years young and have never been without a motorcycle since the age of 15. Ive been a dirt bike rider as much as on the street but have almost given up serious tail bikes. I still have my BMW K100 but its getting some age on it so I researched as much as I could and decided on the V650 for my touring bike and am sure happy with my decision. This is the most fun bike I have had in years, with plenty of power and speed for my pace and handles perfect. My son lives in Nashville, Tn. so we have been planning some trips in Nashville/Chattanooga area so I'm looking forward to that also. Enjoy your new ride and take some time to get used to the V650 engine, IMO the 2 things I have noticed is that she doesn't really like it below 3,000rpm's in any gear, and has a lot of engine breaking that takes some getting used too. There is a lot of good information on this forum for about anything you can think of.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyweight View Post
Enjoy your new ride and take some time to get used to the V650 engine, IMO the 2 things I have noticed is that she doesn't really like it below 3,000rpm's in any gear, and has a lot of engine breaking that takes some getting used too. There is a lot of good information on this forum for about anything you can think of.
Glad I read your reply. I am a 1st time bike owner (39 years old). Got 2017 versys 650 LT couple weeks ago. LOVE IT AND LOVE RIDING. Since she is my 1st, I had nothing to compare it to. The 2 things you mentioned above I definitely noticed and was wondering how that compare to other bikes. Especially engine breaking. The only thing I was able to compare it to is my car and boy does this 650 have tons more engine breaking. And ya, it is not happy with any gear below 3,000 rpms.

Be safe all, not sure why it took my all these years to become a motorcyclist!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:19 AM

Garage

2015 Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Versys 650 ABS, 2006 Vulcan 500 (sold)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 04:30 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charing View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I almost enjoyed my one visit to San Antonio. However, I was too busy with basic training at Lackland AFB to see much of your town. Maybe someday..
Don't forget your Lackland lazer.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilot 69 View Post
Don't forget your Lackland lazer.
Can't forget Lackland, but what's this about a lazer? That word wasn't used much, if at all, in 1966

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I get the comment about the 3,000 RPM effect and I also get the engine braking comment. Those will take some getting used to, but oh how sweet it is on the twisties!

Does anyone have advice to share, such as "don't forget to do this"..., or "watch out for that"... as far as the mechanical care of the bike? I have heard words like "bulletproof" when talking about this engine, but only Superman can claim that property. (yes, of course a kryptonite bullet would be a problem)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode