Introduction - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile Introduction

Hey Guys and Gals...Just wanted to say howdy...

I have just purchased a "Graphite Grey" 2017 Versys-x 300 ABS almost 2 weeks ago...I have been going thru the break-in stage and have approx. 800 miles so far on the clock...

A few details about myself:
I am 72 years old, 6' tall, 155lbs and have been riding since my mid teens...I have owned lot's of bikes and styles of bikes over the years...

Like many others in my age range I started off on the 60's Brittish bikes, (Triumph,BSA and Norton) ....Left those behind and graduated to the Japanese bikes when the Honda 750 appeared...I was happy to have anything that did not use Lucas electronics...The bikes from Japan were SOOOOO much better, right from the git-go....I have been riding them over 40 years, and in my experience they are still the most dependable bikes on the road today....I tried a BMW f800 ST a few years back...Liked the bike but did NOT care for the dealerships AT ALL...

Being a "Life-long" Guitar player, I began developing arthritis in both hands during my 60's...So in 2014 I bought a brand new NC 700X dct...The one with the "Dual clutch" transmission...No longer having to shift gears and operate the manual clutch was wonderful...It made riding fun again...However after a few years, I found myself wanting to move to a lighter bike as the Honda was 535 lbs before adding the side cases and top box...

The KLE 300 was the solution for me...The clutch pull is so light, it does not cause me any discomfort at all...It has enough power to get me down the road at a reasonable pace and is a complete "HOOT" to ride, so light and flickable, handles like a dream...The higher revving sport bike engine, along with the standard gearing has taken some getting use to, but I am getting there...

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that I look forward to interacting with you...Thanks to you all for sharing ... All my best Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum , please read;http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ber-intro.html
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Warm welcome to you sir and congrats on that bike.
Hope to see some pictures and hear your opinion of it.
I think as I get older here that a lighter bike may be in my future at some point too.

Or a sidecar....

Ride safe and I look forward to your posts here.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum and to the Kawasaki experience. And yes, I recognize much of your story. I'm a year older, and inch shorter and a few pounds heavier, but our riding history is much the same. Although I started with a Cushman Super Eagle around 1962, my progression has been similar to yours. And like you I eventually tired of Lucas "Prince of Darkness" electrical systems. So, what did I do? I switched to German and Italian motorcycles for a while. But when it comes to the bottom line it's difficult to compete with well built, reliable, well designed Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki machines.

For reasons I can't remember I took a break from two wheels between 1998 and 2005 but couldn't stay away and came back into the light so to speak. Heavier bikes and I don't see eye to eye as we once did but fortunately there are a bunch of new, well made and exciting smaller lighter machines that I would be happy to own and ride. Life is good! However, I couldn't play a guitar if my life depended on it.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

AIR guitar!!! And I CAN play it.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Thanks to all...

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome...I look forward to interacting with everyone...

I am around the 1200 mile mark, so "Break-in" is complete....Will do a detailed review of my impressions of this bike after I have 2000 or so miles on the clock...

But, SO FAR, I can tell you that this first month has been the most fun that I have had on a bike, in a long time...I am absolutely amazed at how light, nimble and just plain "fun to ride" this bike is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode