Newbee from Gawgia......... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Newbee from Gawgia.........

I just found this forum by way of Motorcycle.com and decided to join to learn more about this moto , the versys, which seems to be gaining in popularity and having ridden one of my buddy's 09 , put it on my maybe list.

I am currently riding a BMW GS, A Suzuki SV, and dual sportin' on a KLX 250 S. So I am not hurting for good rides but I am more than a little curious about this odd looking but great handling thing called a Versys. I find it almost as challenging to describe as my last VStrom in terms of aesthetics but I do like the ergos on it and the front end was one of the best ever . I contrast this with the pogo stick fork on my SV which is currently stock . Debating whether to make the SV stick better with a new front end install or look into something that already handles better. Also looking at the Ninja 650 which seems to be a short Versus but noticed the forks are not inverted on the Ninja so I'll be looking into that sort of comparo going forward.

Glad to be aboard. Did this on Stromtroopers for a couple of years before buying one and it is still one of the best bikes I have ever owned. A buddy talking me out of it and now I'm riding his SV I took in on trade. LIfe is funny sometimes.

Can't wait to hear what yall got to say about this interesting device called Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM

Welcome old man. You can ride it again anytime.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER View Post
Welcome old man. You can ride it again anytime.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 PM

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 PM

So, you know our Rocker buddy, as they say, "good people". I love the heck out of my versys, don't think I will be changing any time soon. I was tired of the heavy crusers.

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s102000 View Post
So, you know our Rocker buddy, as they say, "good people". I love the heck out of my versys, don't think I will be changing any time soon. I was tired of the heavy crusers.
Yep, Paul is one of the "good guys" I've met from another forum . Matter of fact we had a good ride today over to tennessee from Riders Hill in Dahlonega GA. He can ride and that Versys is one planted feeling machine when I rode it. I've also got at least two other pals that own them and so one need not sell me on the virtues. I have also owned one really nice 09 Wee strom and currently own a GS 650 twin beemer. I would be foolish to agree the Versys is a match overall for the GS because that is foolish thinking but that doesnt mean that the Versys is not an excellent choice for the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode