Just brought it home a couple of days ago.
1. The windshield is better than I thought it would be. Already ordered the Madstad. It will be on next week.
2. The seat with my Moto-Skeeves is tolerable for a couple of hours between stops. It will have to do for the summer because the build date on my Russell is the week of August 20th. I may wear BOTH of my Moto-Skeeves.
3. This thing is a PITA to break in. Who in the world could ride this thing at 4,000 RPM? I kept it under 6 for the first 20-30 miles. After that, I varied the speed between 5 and 8, with only brief spurts to 8. An onlooker would have thought I was drunk the way I accelerated, then backed off. I made a brief burst to 75 mph and then backed off. It got there pretty quick. I'm only at 110 miles.
4. I asked the dealer to put the shock on the lowest level. Instead, he lowered the forks 1 inch and left the shock alone. I lowered the shock myself. It does pretty good like this. Since the forks are raised, I can't use the Rox anti-vibe riser. I had an old set of bar backs that I am using that so far work pretty good. I ordered a 1" lowering link from Motor Werke that I will probably need when my seat gets back from Russell.
5. I went around the bike tightening up the numerous loose fasteners. Does anyone know the torque spec for the engine fasteners? They say loosen, then tighten to spec.
6. Fairly vibey at this point, but I'm guessing it will smooth out in due time. I put foam grip puppies over the rubber grips.
So far I'm pretty impressed. It is much easier to ride than my ST1100. If this thing has the legs everyone says they have I'm sure I'll be happy.