Picked up a Versys yesterday - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Picked up a Versys yesterday

Hello all, I picked up a green Versys yesterday and totally love it. I have been riding for 30+ years. I have an ST1300, CBR600, wife rides a SV650S and my son rides a Ninja 250. The Versys is nothing short of spectacular from what I can tell so far. I am very happy it has made its way to California.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 09:32 PM

Welcome and that is an excellent introduction (pics!).

I love the Green with the blackout treatment. Enjoy the ride.

What part of California are you in? I love going to the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca. I'm so in love with Northern California.

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 10:13 PM

Congrates on the bike, looks really nice with that smoked winscreen. Where is it from? How do you like it? HB

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansom Bob View Post
Congrates on the bike, looks really nice with that smoked winscreen. Where is it from? How do you like it? HB
I make them, I have been making them for the Ninja 250 for a while and decided to give this one a go. So far it works pretty darn good. I like the naked feel of the bike so I didn't want to build a huge honking windscreen for it.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 11:47 PM

Wow, you should market them. Thats a real nice looking windscreen and looks functional. The stock one dosn't bother me, no real buffiting but my helmet is more noisy than my bmw gs. Seems like it's short by 3-4 inches. HB
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:13 AM

Hey GTIcould you duplicate one of those wind screens> If so how much? I have a Givi now but I like the look of that much better.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 AM

After having my Versys for about 6 months now I have sold my ST1300. I've found that the V will do just about everything the ST will do and do it about 300 lbs lighter. I don't every ride two up so that is not an issue.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 10:48 AM

That is the bike I'm waiting on. Congrats. One thing I would do is check the engine mount tabs for spacing. You can find out more about it in the technical section on this site. Avoid the cracks. I originally wanted a red V but after selling my green ZRX ( and feeling very sad about it) I became excited when they offered a V in the same green.You one lucky guy. Ride safe.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:40 AM

That green is to die for :~))

Smoker shield is also the bees knees!

Congrats. I look forward to a comparo between the V and the SV!

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I have been making them for the Ninja 250 for a while and decided to give this one a go
GTI, how much, I was just about to pull the trigger on a Powerbronze, but this looks to be more 'sophisticated' not sure that's the right word.

+1 on your location? I live in Seattle area 9 months of the year, but take 3 months in Palm Desert to cruise the fantastic roads of the San Bernardino Mts.

Machog
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
GTI, how much, I was just about to pull the trigger on a Powerbronze, but this looks to be more 'sophisticated' not sure that's the right word.

Machog
After I am done putting a few miles on this one (its sort of a prototype) to make sure there wont be any issues with stress cracks and buffeting I will post purchase info on the website in my sig.

I pretty sure it will cost around the same as the Ninja 250 shield I sell. It uses the same amount of material and requires about the same amount of time to make. You guys can email or PM me if you want to know more, I don't want o violate any forums rule about "pushing a product" in the forums.

I am in south Orange County. I ride to work pretty much every day and ride the mountains and hills north east of San Diego for twistie action. Cant wait to get the Versys out there and give her a go.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 01:59 PM

Tx GTI, I'll be down in your neck of the woods from mid Jan onwards, so might be able to swing by and pick one up-save the postage!

There is no worry in promoting your product on this site, (or the UK site) you won't violate any rules or be blocked.

There are a number of "home garage" vendors doing some great work, normally they post a link with a pic of the product.

Speedy, also in the SD area, has a great line of aluminum products for the V.

Machog
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
There is no worry in promoting your product on this site, (or the UK site) you won't violate any rules or be blocked.
Machog
Thats good to know. Well today was the first real day of testing the shield (during my commute to work). It works pretty darn good and is about the perfect size I think. At 55 mph I could flip my visor up and was not getting much wind blast on my eyes. I used my hand to search for the wind blast at 70 mph and it was hitting just above the top of my visor. I might go with a little more width on the top and bottom but I want to keep it narrow in the middle so the guys with hand guards will have clearance.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode