hand guards - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hand guards

hi guys been reading a lot of posts over the last while and i finally pulled the trigger on a leo vince evo two under body the other day just waiting for delivery so i can get the thing installed have a question on hand guards whats versys owners installing not a fan of the ktm style any other type or styles availiable out there? thanks for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 01:13 PM

I installed a pair of KTM handguards on my 08 V. I did so more out of wind protection than actual protection in case of a fall. I figure if I am going down, stuff is gonna get damaged. I also installed a set of grip warmers to use in conjunction with the hand guards. I bought my pair from KTM Twins and felt the price was reasonable when compared to others.

Hope this helps
Jason
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 PM

OEM Kawasaki i found to be the best , black plastics with black anodized heavy duty brackets that fit perfect , also fit with motowerks cruise contol no problem. Search for strics pics and you can take a look see at mine pricey but well worth it . Made for Verseys

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 09:28 PM

I got the OEM Kawasaki handguards off ebay, with shipping and taxes to Canada it cost me 200$. I took them off cause I was getting this crazy vibration noise at 5000rpm. Will try to figure out a way to mount them with rubber washers. They are nice and do protect well from the wind on cold days, that and heated grips will keep your hands toasty and in the summer you can just remove the plastics and keep the aluminum braket.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 AM

Original Kwak Handguards

hi Im new

Iv got the kwak original handguards for the sturdy aluminium frame. i was a bit disapointed with the wind protection from the plastic that screws to it tho as my thumbs still get blasted. maybe i need to adjust them down a bit, but either way i think they are definatly the smallest guards iv seen around.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM

Needs a little adjusting to get them just right, but thats why I loved them they arent huge, they even actually improve the look of the bike. Just gotta get rid of the rattling sound...Nothing will replace heated grips when its really cold.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Update: I just tried my freshly installed Oxford heated grips today. Ii was 10C and I had my winter gloves, so at first I set them at 30-40%, then 75%, started to get warm, then I tried the 100%. Was warm but didnt feel HOT. I stopped on the side of the road, and removed my glove and put my hand on the grip. It was HOT! Just proves that my winter gloves are really well isolated hehe The buttons are a bit tricky to handle with big gloves, but otherwise, I highly recommend these heated grips in combination with hand guards to keep the wind off your hands. If you're like me, in Canada, trying to stretch your season, there's no better way!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
For me the "Zeta XC" guards are GREAT! I remove the plastics when temps are high so as to get cooling airflow onto my hands, and they've stood up to a 15 to 20 mph low-side protecting my levers, with only mild scratching. GOOD protection from cold and rain.

Removed my bar-ends to install, and have NOT missed them.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
For me the "Zeta XC" guards are GREAT! I remove the plastics when temps are high so as to get cooling airflow onto my hands, and they've stood up to a 15 to 20 mph low-side protecting my levers, with only mild scratching. GOOD protection from cold and rain.

Removed my bar-ends to install, and have NOT missed them.
+1 on the XCs. I got the ones with the integrated LED turn signals too. Been very happy so far.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 PM

Zeta XC Pro!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
+1 on the XCs. I got the ones with the integrated LED turn signals too. Been very happy so far.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 01:21 AM

Garage
http://www.barkbusters.net/products/211.html

Goat are you happy with your SW crash bars? Did they go on easy?

Last edited by MaverickAus; 09-28-2012 at 01:27 AM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
http://www.barkbusters.net/products/211.html

Goat are you happy with your SW crash bars? Did they go on easy?
Very happy with them. They've paid for themselves 3 times already. However, I can't tell you about the install as I didn't do it. Had my shop do it during the first service...

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 PM

Hi Maverick, I am in Coffs tomorrow. If you are about to put a set on I can give you a hand. It is pretty straight forward and I think you can find a video on the web for extra guidance (maybe Twisted Throttle?). I learned the hard way that as you insert the long bolt through the frame, you need to avoid the engine sensor cable that runs past hole on the oppsite side of the frame. Socket set and shifter about all you need from memory.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 PM

I should have the bark busters from big brown tomorrow and will slap them n with pics if you want.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 02:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begbiie View Post
Hi Maverick, I am in Coffs tomorrow. If you are about to put a set on I can give you a hand. It is pretty straight forward and I think you can find a video on the web for extra guidance (maybe Twisted Throttle?). I learned the hard way that as you insert the long bolt through the frame, you need to avoid the engine sensor cable that runs past hole on the oppsite side of the frame. Socket set and shifter about all you need from memory.
Oops sorry only just saw this today, I can't get them for 5 weeks they are out of stock. Unless you know where to get them quicker.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 AM

I guess your tried www.motorradgarage.com.au ?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM

I love these ones from Acerbis... I have them wired to function as aux turn signals
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0223.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	15891   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0255.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	15892  

07 Kawasaki Versys + Farkles
MRA Vario Windscreen, Acerbis Dual Road Handgaurds + LEDs, Oxford Heated Grips, Xenon & LED Headlight, Tail Light Flasher, Moto Werk Flat Foot, Mirror Extenders & Foot Peg Lowering Blocks, Rad Gaurd, Fenda Extender, Powerbronze Rear Hugger, Stebel Nautilus Airhorn, T Rex Frame Sliders, Extended Rear Spools, Monster Energy Tank Protector, Magnitic Drain Plug, 12V Power Port, Tom Tom GPS, Xena XX14 Lock Alarm, Givi 409, 464, 449 Bags & Monokey Rack + Kappa 48L Case

Last edited by eldiablo; 10-07-2012 at 06:32 AM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 PM

OEM Kawi handguards w/yellow shells

Seeing here on this forum pics of the OEM Kawi handguards w/solar yellow shells (the same color as my 2012 bike), I Googled for and found the brackets and the shells separately for about $150 total. The install was easy (even for a relatively mechanical ignoramus like me), and the fit is perfect. The brackets are heavy duty and look great, and of course the shells match perfectly and set off the black fairing very well. As others have noted, the shells are fairly small, which I like, plus they are tasteful, without blaring the manufacturer's name or with blinking lights, etc. Though small, they seem to provide a very good measure of protection from wind, and I am hoping they will do the same in case of rain. I would definitely recommend them.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 AM

Garage
Installed a set of cycra prbends over the weekend, along with some generic heated grips. Ride into work this morning at 27f was much nicer.

'09 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode