Hello Fellow Versys Owners - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
RLM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello Fellow Versys Owners

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself as a new Versys owner. I picked up a new 2012 last night and my initial rides validated that I made the correct choice. The more upright riding position makes for a comforable ride - I'm not as young anymore and the lay down type bikes are no longer comfortable -

It has been many years since I last rode a cycle, so I went through the MSF course to get a refresher of everything that I have forgotten over the last 12 years or so. Once again (I took the MSF type course 20 years ago), I feel that the MSF course is a great course and highly recommend it to anyone, even if they do not plan on riding a cycle.

In the short time that I have been signed up for this site, I have learned a lot through searches and look forward to being an active member on this site. I'm located in the Northern Virginia area, so I may run across a few of the forum members
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forum.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	15721  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 AM

x

Last edited by AzItLies; 10-23-2012 at 01:12 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:00 PM

You'll find a veritable treasure trove of Versys information on this site, and some very helpful members. Enjoy your new bike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Welcome aboard RLM. Glad to have you. I'm envious of your longer riding season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
RLM

Yes. It is a 2011... the habit of typing of 2012 kicked in. Thanks for the welcome.

Greg

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 PM

Welcome to the site. Lots of helpful info here.

If I may be so bold as to make an unsolicited suggestion. Highly recommend installing engine bars like the Givi or SW-Motech on your bike, especially where you are just starting to ride again. We all drop our bikes from time to time and it is even easier with a tall bike the Versys or a bike you may take off road. They'll protect the bike from cosmetic damage when you do and probably pay for themselves many times over in prevented damage. If you low side they will protect the bike and keep your foot from being trapped or injured from the weight of the bike. IMO all bikes should come with these as stock equipment and perhaps integrated with the styling of the bike.

Last edited by Sprocket; 09-14-2012 at 11:01 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
RLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Welcome to the site. Lots of helpful info here.

If I may be so bold as to make an unsolicited suggestion. Highly recommend installing engine bars like the Givi or SW-Motech on your bike, especially where you are just starting to ride again. We all drop our bikes from time to time and it is even easier with a tall bike the Versys or a bike you may take off road. They'll protect the bike from cosmetic damage when you do and probably pay for themselves many times over in prevented damage. If you low side they will protect the bike and keep your foot from being trapped or injured from the weight of the bike. IMO all bikes should come with these as stock equipment and perhaps integrated with the styling of the bike.
Thanks for the info. The engine bars were on my short list (ordered) along with mirror extensions (tired of looking at my shoulders). I'm also started looking at top case racks and cases. I would like to use the Versys to visit family over Thanksgiving and would like to have the additional storage.

Greg

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 PM
MTS

Lots of info on this site and a few characters too! Lots of fun!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode