Intro. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By versys925

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Intro.

sup all! new to the forums. had a 12 versys 650 that i sold and just recently purchased a 17 versys 300. still breaking it in. first impressions is that its more maneuverable/nimble and lighter feeling.
Brockie likes this.

What's that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome. I'm in the Bay Area as welll and just picked up my Versys 300 on Wednesday. I also just made a post about the CalSci windshield I installed last night so you may want to think about this screen if you decide to go with a larger aftermarket screen. But welcome and hope you like your bike. I know I really enjoy it and I'm impressed with how smooth it is and also the power it seems to have for a 300cc.

Did you buy yours at the Fremont Kawasaki/Honda dealer? I did.

Ride safe,

JeffR

CalSci Windshield X-Large
52L Top Case
15 Tooth Counter Sprocket
1" Bar risers
Ergo Tall Seat
575 miles so far on bike
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR!1234 View Post
Welcome. I'm in the Bay Area as welll and just picked up my Versys 300 on Wednesday. I also just made a post about the CalSci windshield I installed last night so you may want to think about this screen if you decide to go with a larger aftermarket screen. But welcome and hope you like your bike. I know I really enjoy it and I'm impressed with how smooth it is and also the power it seems to have for a 300cc.

Did you buy yours at the Fremont Kawasaki/Honda dealer? I did.
cool, i'll check it out. breaking it in is a pain not reving it over 4k. i can only go like 35-40 mph. picked mine put up north from north bay motorsports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
aboard!

What's that?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Garage

2015 Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Versys 650 ABS, 2006 Vulcan 500 (sold)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum*****as to break in RPM , I was told 2 things by the head mechanic at my dealer, 1 was that I could have run full synthetic oil right at the very start, as the motor is largely broken in, the second was to not baby it , but not to run at a sustained 6,000 RPM, it was explained that short 3 to 5 minute bursts helps to seat the rings, also to use engine braking for the same reason. The mechanic explained that the way everything is machined , closer tolerances and the fact the motor is 95% broken in when you get it, there is a very short period of time while things remain rough , once it becomes smooth, it doesn't matter how high of a RPM you run the bike, and that is where the problem lies, those small areas at high RPM never got touched and never worn in, unfortunately most bike buyers from dealers get to talk to the salesman, when they should have talked to the mechanic. I can say I know what I am talking about as the dealer for my 2015, is all family run, and is a huge dealer, the father told me the same as what you were told, I questioned that, and talked to the head mechanic which happened to be the oldest son, he told me just what I said earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode