Hello and such! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By hellfire27

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello and such!

Hello everyone! I really like this forum and want access to the service manuals and whatnot!

Longer Version:

I hail from the Boise area of Idaho and picked up a 2016 Versys 650 LT off craigslist about a month ago. Screamin' deal! Had my eye on craigslist for 6 months until it finally popped up. Jumped through a lot of hoops to get it, but I regret nothing. Anyway I have been lurking on this forum ever since gathering useful information like rear spool size (8mm!), best motorcycle stand (Pitbull forward handle!) and various other useful tweaks. This forum has been a really great source of information.

I am still relatively new to riding street bikes. I bought a 1981 Honda CM400C three years ago on the cheap as my learner bike and it turned into my daily rider. It still runs great but I decided it was time put on my big-boy pants and get a bigger bike. I took a long time to decided on the Versys but ultimately I want something that would accommodate my 6' 3" frame. Adjusting to a modern bike was a bit of a learning curve (instant acceleration AND braking!) but the Versys has proven to be a blast and very comfortable. I hope to put a ton of miles on it. Next steps are to get rid of that buzzing sound (plenty o' threads on that) and raise the handle bars up a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
......https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...-risers-v650lt

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Great Bike

Welcome from Alaska! I too am 6'3" and have risers on my bars (ROX and Motowerks) as well as a tall (Seat Concepts) seat and peg lowering kit. I've been on 2K mile trips with no fatigue issues. I've done a TON of other mods but those helped most for riding comfort. You will love it!! Just hide your credit cards...

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome.........Rox 3 1/2" risers are about as high as you can go without changing out wiring and cables. With the 3 1/2" (which I have) all you have to do is move the clutch cable around behind the triple tree and pull a bit of slack on the front brake line. Works well.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I had my eye on the Motowerk 1.5" risers. Probably will pick them up next check. The previous owner of my bike had already upgraded the seat and put lowering peg blocks on it, so at least those were gimmes. I'm also thinking about mirror extenders but will ride on that idea for a while. Thanks for the welcome!
weljo2001 likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 PM

Garage

2015 Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Versys 650 ABS, 2006 Vulcan 500 (sold)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 08:41 AM

WELCOME

One of my favorite rides was Hwy 21 thru the sawtooth Mtns.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome aboard from San Antonio, Texas, where it's cold and raining today but is supposed to be 75 and sunny tomorrow. Weird weather!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

I hear you Arion. I try to be a 3 1/2 season rider, but the freezing rain we are getting is a little much. Come March and April I can handle the wet though. I agree Skypilot 69, highway 21 up through Idaho City on to Stanley is beautiful piece of scenery. Now that I have a big-boy bike I fully intend to hit that this summer.

2016 Versys 650 LT
1981 Honda CM400C
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire27 View Post
Yeah I had my eye on the Motowerk 1.5" risers....
At your height they MAY be the wrong ones, as they raise the bars while moving them TOWARDS you. I use 2" ROX RISERS to raise them STRAIGHT up (I'm 5'10" w/ 31" inseam).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome.

Ride safe,

JeffR

CalSci Windshield X-Large
52L Top Case
15 Tooth Counter Sprocket
1" Bar risers
Ergo Tall Seat
575 miles so far on bike
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 03:41 PM

Welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode