Hi, from Scotland - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi, from Scotland

Have been a long time admirer of the Versys but am now getting tantalizingly close to actually owning one. I've booked a train ticket to go see a very low mileage one owner 2009 tourer with ABS in Wildfire Orange, which is about 200 miles from me. So maybe, just maybe I'll finally get round to owning one of these brilliant bikes.

Hopefully be posting some pictures soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:59 AM

Welcome aboard and good luck!

Bill -- 2012 Versys
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 05:02 AM

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome from down under, I have a 08 burnt orange.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 AM

Welcome, from a Scotsman in the States!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 Versys
'06 DR650
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Glazwegian, hope your enjoying life stateside where I'm sure your weather is a whole lot better for enjoying your motorcycling hobby. I am a little confused though...Glazwegian and a Hearts Avatar, what's going?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Yes, the weather is very nice for riding, except during winter. I also live near some very good roads, with very little traffic.....life is good.

Although the weather isn't ideal, you live in a beautiful country. If things haven't changed too much, you can ride north of Glasgow for about an hour and feel like you've stepped back in time. And, the further north you go.....the better it gets. Of course, if you wait till it stops raining, you might never leave your driveway.

Only a fellow Scot would pick up on a Glaswegian being a Hearts fan. The simple fact is, I was born in Glasgow, but only lived there for five years. My dad, who was a very good player, grew up in Motherwell and Hearts was his favo(u)rite team....so I guess it rubbed off on me, as well. He has since passed, and I never found out why he liked Hearts. However, I do know, as keen a fan of football as he was, when living in Glasgow, he wouldn't attend a Celtic vs Rangers game because of the attendant mayhem. This was during the 1950's, however, a long time ago.

Btw, orange was my favo(u)rite colo(u)r on the pre 2010 V's. Good luck, and please keep us informed of your search.

'11 Versys
'06 DR650
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
from across the pond.

With apologies to Monty Python, as a Scottish citizen you must be familiar with your national poet lauriet, Ewan MacTeagle, author of the memorable poem, "What's Twenty Quid To The Bloody Midlands Bank?"

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockutt View Post
Have been a long time admirer of the Versys but am now getting tantalizingly close to actually owning one. I've booked a train ticket to go see a very low mileage one owner 2009 tourer with ABS in Wildfire Orange, which is about 200 miles from me. So maybe, just maybe I'll finally get round to owning one of these brilliant bikes.

Hopefully be posting some pictures soon.
Welcome from New Scotland (Nova Scotia is New Scotland in Latin/Alba Nuadh in Gaelic). Look forward to the pictures. There is a service manual for the bike you can download in the tech section.

Last edited by twowheels; 09-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazwegian View Post
Yes, the weather is very nice for riding, except during winter. I also live near some very good roads, with very little traffic.....life is good.

Although the weather isn't ideal, you live in a beautiful country. If things haven't changed too much, you can ride north of Glasgow for about an hour and feel like you've stepped back in time. And, the further north you go.....the better it gets. Of course, if you wait till it stops raining, you might never leave your driveway.

Only a fellow Scot would pick up on a Glaswegian being a Hearts fan. The simple fact is, I was born in Glasgow, but only lived there for five years. My dad, who was a very good player, grew up in Motherwell and Hearts was his favo(u)rite team....so I guess it rubbed off on me, as well. He has since passed, and I never found out why he liked Hearts. However, I do know, as keen a fan of football as he was, when living in Glasgow, he wouldn't attend a Celtic vs Rangers game because of the attendant mayhem. This was during the 1950's, however, a long time ago.

Btw, orange was my favo(u)rite colo(u)r on the pre 2010 V's. Good luck, and please keep us informed of your search.
Very pleased to hear a fellow Scot is enjoying the good life and that you have some very good roads to enjoy. You are absolutely right to point out that Scotland has some amazing roads and beautiful scenery to go with it.

Your Dad sounds like he was a very sensible man as the nonsense that surrounds Rangers and Celtic is something that should be avoided.

I've been looking for a Versys on and off since I sold an old classic VW Golf GTI a few months ago. So I'm hoping this is the one, as I to like the Wildfire Orange and prefer the slightly cleaner design of the Mk1. I know the headlight can stir up some debate but as an arty farty type I just think the original bikes design was well considered.

Anyhow, no need for the American/UK spelling as I deal with Americans on a daily basis as my work is mainly focused over there. So I find myself americanizing my spelling on a daily basis. Although still struggle with the date thing.

Will hopefully be posting some pics soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode