New member impressions - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New member impressions

I'm glad there's a Versys group to join! I just got done doing my first afternoon ride on the 09 Versys I bought yesterday. I can tell this is going to be a fun bike - it's liteweight and a responsive, easy to control easy ride around town and on the backroads. We don't have any good twisties around here, but it feels like it'll lean way over and be alot of fun when I do go ride them :-) It doesn't have uncontrollable power, yet still has pretty exciting torque if I give it full throttle & hold it there. The aftermarket GIVI windshield on cut through the air blast on the highway great. And I love the high seating position and it almost feels like an adventure bike while riding (& then on the curves like a sportbike).

I do wonder if there's a fix to the vibrating mirrors though, because I can't tell what's behind me from the vibration going on, it's mostly a blur (who knows, could be a cop with flashers on & I might miss it! ). Anyone have a good fix for that?

I did have a couple other items I noticed that can probably be improved - the seat is okay for shorter rides, but I think for sport riding and longer rides I'd rather have something more comfortable where I don't slide down it and that doesn't numb my butt. I thought there was alot of leg room, but after an hour of riding around I could use either lower pegs or more forward pegs to give my legs a more comfortable position - maybe a new seat would help that too.

The bumps were pretty harsh & the rear brake locked up on me a couple times in quick braking, but I figure those 2 will be easily fixed by adjusting the shocks & pedal freeplay.

I also own a 2007 Goldwing and wanted something smaller that's more for just fun riding as a 2nd bike. I think I've found the right bike for it and look forward to meeting some of the other Versys riders.

Lance
Central IL
09 KLE650
07 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM

x

Last edited by AzItLies; 10-23-2012 at 01:21 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM

My 2011 mirrors are not too bad... They still vibrate and buzz but I'm usually comfortable with how they perform. Some Gen1 owners have opted for the later mirrors. Do a forum search for mirrors... There are a zillion opinions on the board that will help you out. Oh... And WECLOME!

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome and it is a fun little horse.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

You might get some ideas from here....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20013

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 10:45 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM

to the board

The rear view mirror is there for a reason. When you see a motorcycle, free of the bumper to bumper traffic, move over.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 AM

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Funny almost everyone post the same thoughts as you did...me as well.

The bike can be sorted out easily and the shocks adjusted. The brakes you get use to. THEN you'll find you have a fine midrange monster on your hands.

Ride Safe.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

5 days in & loving it

Thanks for all the welcomes! My wife & I have been doing short riding 3 out of the last 4 nights (1 night we had storms) and every night I'm liking this bike more & more.

I was getting excited about some of the farkles, but will stick with the smarter ones to start with until I get more miles on it. But I'll start with SW crash bars, rear spools, front fork sliders, mirror extenders, & a helmet guardian.

I want to buy the anti-v risers and lower pegs and a new seat, but I'll wait and see what I can get used to first. After all, this bike is more for fun then trying to make it too perfect :-)

Hope to meet some of you someday. Enjoy what's left of the riding season!

Lance
Central IL

Lance
Central IL
09 KLE650
07 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode