Hello from Bristol, TN - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Bristol, TN

Hello all, I am Henry. just picked up my 2009 650 Versys on Friday. Have thrown a couple hundred miles on her already and so far am quite happy with my purchase.

I am 38, a life long rider, MSF Ridercoach, and all around motorcycle addict.

Have owned sport bikes, and multiple Harleys but the versys is a totally new animal for me and so far I love it.

Will be doing much digging in the forums as I will be looking for side bags, exhaust, a different windscreen and a few other tidbits to go with it over the next few months.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 05:42 PM

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty new around here too (new rider as well) but the forum seems like a good place to find information, photos, how-to's, etc.

Mitch

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome Henry, the little Versys is a funvee of a bike.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM

Hey Henry,

I'm trying to aim my next bike trip on your side of the Smokies. I'm tried of the crowds at Deals Gap and was wondering if The Snake is as good as I've heard?

Thanks

keith

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 PM

Greetings from a fellow Bristolian. When the time comes to look for farkles for your V, try the classifieds here 1st-you might find something available locally that would save on shipping... Hint.

Larry aka CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:25 PM

killerkeith,
The Snake is terrible... Don't bother... Too many curves... Too much elevation change... Too smooth pavement... Too much traffic-on weekends... Ninety percent Harleys-go figure... The ocassional black bear in the road-no kidding! See what I mean...
Larry aka CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome.

To answer the question of The Snake(AKA 421) being as good as people say: yes... it is. I have ridden Deals Gap a time or two, or three, or fifty and that road is awesome. Great weekend trip a time or two a yr. But I absolutely love heading from Bristol up to Shady Valley on 421. To me the road offers a more complex and fun riding experience. On and off camber, decreasing radius turns, and altitude changes like crazy. And when you want long sweeping turns thru a forest covered area net to a small river you leave shady and head towards Damascus.

My weekends and weekday evenings frequently consist of heading up to shady, then thru Damascus and Mountain City then back thru Shady and then back down to Bristol or down to Stoney Creek. A great loop that makes for a nice 100 mile or so ride. And its not near as packed on the weekends as The Gap so you can enjoy your ride at a moderate or spirited pace usually without any bother.

And Larry I def intend on looking thru the classifieds. First order of business for me is going to be Bags. Already planning to head to see friends this weekend and do some riding in South Carolina with my lady but lack of bags has it so she will have to drive there and back and I will be riding the whole way. So bags are def going to be first thing first so we can just load up and take off on the bike on future endevours.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedog View Post
killerkeith,
The Snake is terrible... Don't bother... Too many curves... Too much elevation change... Too smooth pavement... Too much traffic-on weekends... Ninety percent Harleys-go figure... The ocassional black bear in the road-no kidding! See what I mean...
Larry aka CharlieDog
Bristol, TN
lmao.

I have had more than one experience of coming around a corner and having to stop for a mam bear leading her cubs across the road. Or a baby black bear chilling out in the road and deciding he is going to run down the road for the next mile or so before heading back into the woods. haha
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedog View Post
Greetings from a fellow Bristolian. When the time comes to look for farkles for your V, try the classifieds here 1st-you might find something available locally that would save on shipping... Hint.

Larry aka CharlieDog
Bristol, TN
since i cant post anywhere else yet......

I sent you a message about that slip-on. If that sale falls thru let me know. Have cash....
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-Steady View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty new around here too (new rider as well) but the forum seems like a good place to find information, photos, how-to's, etc.

Mitch
well, isn't that forums are all about?

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 PM

I'm convinced...see ya next year boys

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode