Greetings from Malaysia. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Greetings from Malaysia.

Salam and hello guys,

Just bought a green (and the only color being sold here is green, kinda like buying Ford Model T) Versys X 250 last week. It's 8 days old today. I'm form Malaysia and the Versys in the largest bike in term of size and cc that I've ever owned. Some of you might wonder why in Malaysia it's being sold as 250. Marketing strategy I believe. There's 3 category for bike license in Malaysia B2, B1 and B. B2 is for 250 and below, B1 500 and below and B is anything more than 500cc. Most Malaysian will go for B2 or B. If Kawasaki introduce a 300 in Malaysia only those with B license can ride it but most B license holder wants to ride Versys 650 and B2 holder will have to sit for a test to upgrade to B. To attract the B2 holder Kawasaki introduce the 250 model and a lot of Malaysians including me buy this Versys 250 because of driving license limitation.
So far I'm loving every minute on this bike except that the seat is a bit hard to my liking. The only accessories that I've installed is a Givi monorack and a crash guard. I'm 5' 5" and yes it's quite vertically challenged for me to handle this bike and luckily I've experienced the height challenge with my KLX 150. Nice to know you guys and I truly believe that I can gain a lot of knowledge and make new friends in this forum.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

FWIW - when I 'test-rode' 300-X I found the seat felt like a plank of wood.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode