Newbie to the Kawasaki world! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wookie's Versys-X 300

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Newbie to the Kawasaki world!

Hey all, just bought myself a Versys-X 300 and love it. It's so nice to be back on a bike after nearly 30 years. Was riding trail bikes from the age of 4 till my teen years but never got around to getting a road license but now that has changed!

Already have a Nissan patrol as my daily drive and for bigger/heavy trips but the Versys-X will be my daily commute now and over summer...a light trail finder for getting away for a day or two.

Already planning a few mods but they can wait a little while.

Anyway, glad to be here and glad to finally feel that freedom again that only a bike can offer! Living with the Royal National Park in Sydney literally on my back fence, can't wait to get out a bit and try some rides.

Cheers
aboyandhisversys likes this.

Cheers and happy trails!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 03:20 PM

Welcome and Congrat's on the Bike !!!!

I've been riding since I was 12. Both street and trail, took roughly 12 years off and missed it greatly. Got back on in 2001, So I know how great it feels to get back in the saddle again !!!!

Ride Safe !!!!!!

'08 Versys 650
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome from Texas, USA

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 05:22 PM

Garage
Welcome from Maroon territory.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just got back two days ago from a trip to Australia and New Zealand (both countries were great except for being confused about which side of the road to drive on).....couldn’t hardly wait to get back to order the new X 300.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New to the Versys -X world

Hey all,

Bought my new Versys-X 300 in Nov 17 and apart from the (very very very hard) seat...absolutely loving the bike.

Already tried a few longer rides and last week went from Sydney to Canberra and camped in the Brindabella Mountains then back the next day. Was a lovely ride.

It's my daily ride to work unless it's absolutely bucketing down but just starting to notice the cooler mornings and evenings but not too cool yet to stop wearing the summer jacket.

Anyone else having issues with the seat and if so, what have you tried? I have a 1 Inch dense pile wool seat cover from The Good Wool Store in Berry NSW and it helped a bit but the seat is still a big issues for me.

Regards

Cheers and happy trails!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 06:41 AM

Welcome to Kawa World!!

I have rode many different Kawasaki's and they have been very reliable Motorcycles. Enjoy!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 08:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie's Versys-X 300 View Post
Hey all,

Bought my new Versys-X 300 in Nov 17 and apart from the (very very very hard) seat...absolutely loving the bike.

Already tried a few longer rides and last week went from Sydney to Canberra and camped in the Brindabella Mountains then back the next day. Was a lovely ride.

It's my daily ride to work unless it's absolutely bucketing down but just starting to notice the cooler mornings and evenings but not too cool yet to stop wearing the summer jacket.

Anyone else having issues with the seat and if so, what have you tried? I have a 1 Inch dense pile wool seat cover from The Good Wool Store in Berry NSW and it helped a bit but the seat is still a big issues for me.

Regards
Yeah buddy. The stock seat is a PITA according to many owners. We have the low seat as OEM - some other countries specified the optional high seat as standard. I have to figure that Kawasaski though of the X-300 as an option for vertically challenged riders and made the seat accordingly.

I purchased the optional Kawasaki High seat. https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/accesso...ed-reach-seat/

They are cheap at AU$210 and I HIGHLY recommend one. Have a look at a relevant thread here. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ergo-seat.html

The seat is still quite firm but so much more comfortable. You could go to an upholsterer but he will probably charge as much to mod yours, and this way you end up with two seats. A bargain. I put the stocker away for when I sell my X-300. Buy one.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the site and congrats on your X300. Brockie's posts about his Kaw High seat was one reason I bought one and I really like it. It is still a bit firm but much more comfortable than the stock seat IMO. I also really like this X300 as well. It rides great and is very smooth. I didn't expect it to be as smooth as it is. The other 2 mods I have done that I really like is the CalSci windshield and a 15 tooth counter sprocket.

Ride safe,

JeffR

CalSci Windshield X-Large
52L Top Case
15 Tooth Counter Sprocket
1" Bar risers
Ergo Tall Seat
575 miles so far on bike
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
aboard mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode