Kawasaki4me intro - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kawasaki4me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Kawasaki4me intro

I recently bought a 17 versys 300 abs, thought I would join the forum for inspiration for modifications and fixes. I have been riding since July 2016, so ~1.5 yrs or so. My other bike was my first. It is an 83 Kawasaki KZ1100, I would like to do a partial restore, pretty much just enough to make it a very nice bike.
SECoda likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I chose "Kawasaki4me" for my username because my first bike was a kawasaki, and the second bike also a kawasaki. When I was looking at my options for a second bike Kawasaki was the make that seemed to have the coolest bikes. I'm located NE of indianapolis if some wants to go for a ride sometime.

Thanks for having me, Matt
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome aboard from Texas!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Welcome from Missouri!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 08:09 AM

Welcome to the Good (Great) Life from South Central Illinois.

Last edited by CJRuffner; 11-09-2017 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Spell Check.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 08:34 AM

Niemergs Fried Chicken! I spent half of my life around Effingham, Lake Sara, Mason, etc. Mother's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJRuffner View Post
Welcome to the Good (Great) Life from South Central Illinois.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
Niemergs Fried Chicken! I spent half of my life around Effingham, Lake Sara, Mason, etc. Mother's side.
Did you remember Martins IGA. I retired from there last May after 43 years.
And we live just west outside of Mason. If you havenít been around Effingham lately, you would be surprised at its growth. Mason, however, remains the same!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:28 PM

Too funny. We always got our Angus rear hind quarters from the Martins processor down 45 back in the 70's. I was in Martin's a hundred times throughout five decades.

I just realized you're a Ruffner. I heard that name many times. My mother is a Nelson.

Ever heard of:

Fay Nemec (Nelson)(my mother), Haven, Loren, Urban, Vern, Irene, Lloyd, Mary, Marie (aunts and uncles), William and Agnes Nelson (grandparents). Most were Nelsons. Way too many others to mention. Mary still lives outside of Mason in her dads farm house.

Or maybe the Websters?

There is a family reunion every year and last year was at Mary's farm in Mason.

My parents retired to Lake Sara for about twenty years until my dad passed and then my mother moved to Wisconsin near my brother because he is rural and she could still drive. Clyde Martin had a place on the lake.

I have ridden my V-Strom 1000 over there a few times and just got the Versys 300. I also flew over there a few times as I had a home built airplane and landed at the little grass strip by Watson on 45 and Effingham airport in a Piper Cherokee a few times. I spent many days hunting outside of Mason.

Quote:
Did you remember Martins IGA. I retired from there last May after 43 years.
And we live just west outside of Mason. If you haven’t been around Effingham lately, you would be surprised at its growth. Mason, however, remains the same!

Last edited by SECoda; 11-10-2017 at 10:45 PM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
Too funny. We always got our Angus rear hind quarters from the Martins processor down 45 back in the 70's. I was in Martin's a hundred times throughout five decades.

I just realized you're a Ruffner. I heard that name many times. My mother is a Nelson.

Ever heard of:

Fay Nemec (Nelson)(my mother), Haven, Loren, Urban, Vern, Irene, Lloyd, Mary, Marie (aunts and uncles), William and Agnes Nelson (grandparents). Most were Nelsons. Way too many others to mention. Mary still lives outside of Mason in her dads farm house.

Or maybe the Websters?

There is a family reunion every year and last year was at Mary's farm in Mason.

My parents retired to Lake Sara for about twenty years until my dad passed and then my mother moved to Wisconsin near my brother because he is rural and she could still drive. Clyde Martin had a place on the lake.

I have ridden my V-Strom 1000 over there a few times and just got the Versys 300. I also flew over there a few times as I had a home built airplane and landed at the little grass strip by Watson on 45 and Effingham airport in a Piper Cherokee a few times. I spent many days hunting outside of Mason.
Know your relatives well. I went to school with some of Urbans kids. They were a little older than me. I was a Wharton and I married Jerry Ruffner some 43 years ago. Jerry has the 1000 Versys LT and I have the 650 LT. love them. Then for giggles we each have a little Kawa Z 125 pro. Jerry traded his Concours for his V and I had a Buell lightening long.

Itís nice to see a hometown name on here.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 11:44 AM

I think Bobby (Urban's son) and my cousin Lance still have the deer/elk farms down there. I have had 18 motorcycles over the years. :-) I just got into the adventure bikes with the 650 and them 1000 V-Strom. The Versys 300 is my first Kawasaki motorcycle. I test rode nine different adventure bikes when I bought my V-Strom 1000. I also had a couple of Honda scooters.

We do most of our riding down in the Ozarks. I live in the foothills at the top edge south of St Louis about 25 miles. It's tough to find an open level and straight road here. I toured most of the Mason area on atvs and motorcycles back in the 70s. We often go looking for the bears we have now with cameras in the Mark Twain Forest.

I guess we thoroughly hijacked this intro.

Quote:
Know your relatives well. I went to school with some of Urbans kids. They were a little older than me. I was a Wharton and I married Jerry Ruffner some 43 years ago. Jerry has the 1000 Versys LT and I have the 650 LT. love them. Then for giggles we each have a little Kawa Z 125 pro. Jerry traded his Concours for his V and I had a Buell lightening long.

It’s nice to see a hometown name on here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode