New Versys-X 300 Owner from Idaho - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Versys-X 300 Owner from Idaho

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300. Here is a photograph of my bike in its native habitat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

After removing the bar weights, I installed a pair of Tusk D-Flex Handguards on the stock handlebars. The Tusk handguards never contact the windshield or the bodywork throughout the entire range of motion of the handlebars. I castrated the levers, but you could keep them both of them intact if you tilted them downwards a bit, and moved the brake lever a little farther toward the center. Here are a few photographs of my installation.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum
I need to ask what you are using for photo hosting ( looks like i.imgur .com ), for two reasons, one they are nice clear photos, second , normally new members would get caught in the spam filter with attachments of photos, so guessing Tapatalk.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-28-2017 at 09:41 AM.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 02:40 PM

Beautiful state, that Idaho! Great handguard setup on your Versys too.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
to the forum
I need to ask what you are using for photo hosting ( looks like i.imgur .com ), for two reasons, one they are nice clear photos, second , normally new members would get caught in the spam filter with attachments of photos, so guessing Tapatalk.
Thanks for the welcome. Please excuse my belated reply; I was not notified by email for any responses to this thread.

Yes, I did use imgur.com to host my photographs, which I posted from a desktop computer.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter View Post
Beautiful state, that Idaho! Great handguard setup on your Versys too.
Thank you, Skooter.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
aboard!
Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

I just went to my user control panel and changed the settings so I am automatically subscribed to any thread in which I post, and I am instantly notified by email when anyone replies to one of my subscribed threads.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
New Member /AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud View Post
I just went to my user control panel and changed the settings so I am automatically subscribed to any thread in which I post, and I am instantly notified by email when anyone replies to one of my subscribed threads.
90% of new members never go into the User CP , I for one didn't do it until months later. I think I will add this to the members read this second post. Glad you figured it out, that applies to the gallery too, all your albums are linked through User CP
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Everything is working well now. I received a prompt email notifying me of your reply to this thread.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Spud,
Iím surprised to see you on the Versys-X forum.
I thought you were a firm advocate of Chinese Bikes.
Anyway, how does the X300 compare to your previous bikes? Iím currently waiting to purchase a RED 2018 model.
PCG

ďDonít bother me with DETAILS!Ē
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Spud,
I’m surprised to see you on the Versys-X forum.
I thought you were a firm advocate of Chinese Bikes.
Anyway, how does the X300 compare to your previous bikes? I’m currently waiting to purchase a RED 2018 model.
PCG
Before its retirement, I rode my 2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200) over 73,000 miles. I have also ridden my 2015 Zongshen ZS250-GY3 (RX3) over 28,000 miles. Therefore, I am an experienced owner of Chinese motorcycles. Since the year 2008 I have been reporting my experience with the advantages and disadvantages of owning Zongshen motorcycles in particular, and other Chinese bikes in general.

However, I started riding motorcycles in 1979, when I purchased a new, Honda CB400T. I also, currently own the following Japanese motorcycles.

1992 Kawasaki KDX220
2004 Honda CRF250X
2005 Honda XR650L
2006 Yamaha XT225
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

The Kawasaki Versys-X 300 is a very nice motorcycle, and I am enjoying it very much. After reading many glowing reviews of the Adventure Ninjette (Versys-X 300), I decided to take a test ride at the local dealer. When I had the opportunity to purchase a new, 2017 Versys-X 300 for $3,999, I could not pass up the excellent deal.

Comparing the Versys-X 300 to my previous bikes, I really like the following features.

The engine produces about 36 horsepower at the rear wheel, which allows for good speed on the highway and excellent fuel mileage.
This Kawasaki engine is extremely smooth, and free from vibrations.
The VX 300 has an excellent suspension, straight from the factory. In particular, the forks are very good.
The VX 300 has very good brakes.
Unlike some other VX 300 owners, I really like the stock saddle. It is a comfortable, narrow saddle, and the bike has a low saddle height.
Unlike some other VX 300 owners, I also enjoy the stock gearing of the bike. I appreciate the low first gear for riding technical terrain, and for negotiating slow speed maneuvers on pavement.
I get about 300 miles range from the 4.5-gallon fuel tank before I need to consider refueling.
I like the excellent build quality of this Kawasaki bike.
I like the simple maintenance, and the 7,500-mile schedule for checking the valve clearances.
Aftermarket support for this Kawasaki bike is very good, and getting better all the time.
The fuel gauge on the VX 300 is quite accurate, and the digital display has a lot of nice features.
The wind protection is superb.
The slipper/assist clutch of the VX 300 is definitely the nicest clutch I have ever used.

I'm confident you will enjoy your 2018 Versys-X 300. The red color looks great.

Last edited by Spud; 11-06-2017 at 12:51 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:02 PM

Question Spud, what Motorcycle Forum is your new location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud View Post
Everything is working well now. I received a prompt email notifying me of your reply to this thread.
Spud,
Where is your new Forum website? I see from the message above that you havenít posted on this Forum, Versys-X 300 since November 5, 2017.
I also havenít seen any of your postings on the China Bike Forum for years.
So what happened to you? Did you move? Did you give up on riding motorcycles? Did you have a bad riding accident? Are you into boating?
Anyway, I miss a lot of your interesting posts from the past.
Good luck,
PCG
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
aboard and enjoy your ride - Be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode