New Versys 1000 Owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
New Versys 1000 Owner

Long time Gold Winger here, just purchased a 2012 Versys 1000 with 13,000 kms on it. Getting old and tired, the Wing is becoming a lot of bike to handle. Have been intrigued by the adventure bike market, decided to take the plunge with a Versys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I am NOT trying to duplicate my Wing, but there are some add-ons I'm interested in. Asking those of you who know the Versys 1000 for some suggestions.

* Best throttle control? (I've read about Omni-cruise and Kaoko)
* Best centre stand? (I've read about SW-motech)
* Best TPMS? (I've used Doran with great success)
* Best gear indicator? (I've used Healtech with great success)
* Best heated hand grips?

Thanks in advance!

(Will re-post in the Versys 1000 modifications cosmetic section once my membership is accepted.)

Last edited by CuddyBuddy; 10-25-2017 at 10:05 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddyBuddy View Post
I am NOT trying to duplicate my Wing, but there are some add-ons I'm interested in. Asking those of you who know the Versys 1000 for some suggestions.

* Best throttle control? (I've read about Omni-cruise and Kaoko)
* Best centre stand? (I've read about SW-motech)
* Best TPMS? (I've used Doran with great success)
* Best gear indicator? (I've used Healtech with great success)
* Best heated hand grips?

Thanks in advance!

(Will re-post in the Versys 1000 section once my membership is accepted.)
You can post within this thread, later I can copy / move the posts.As to heated grips, I and many others use the Oxford heated grips, after over 40 years of riding, I installed these on my 2015, if I could go back in time, they would have been installed 40 years ago, best $100 I ever spent.

Copied from another post I did;
So you asked, the first is I use the cramp buster all the time. The throttle lock I use to free up my right hand to either pull up a zipper or some other action needed by my right hand and for less than a minute, for instance banging my right mirror out to see better. The throttle lock I use is Go Cruise 2 Throttle Device Universal, Auminum | Black - TwistedThrottle.ca
A little FYI, I had the cheaper plastic one and 3 months after using it , it decided one day to disintegrate , fortunately Twisted Throttle gave me full credit towards the aluminum one, which is worth every penny, as tension is adjustable and it is about 1/3 the price of Kaoko which is bike specific and a real Bit**h to get the right one , plus try adding Barkbuster and heated grips, good luck with Kaoko. I might also add the price of Kaoko you would think for 35% more it would be electric and a true cruise control. Other members here have installed electric cruise controls and there is a thread in the how To forum on this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Good choice in bikes...On my V-1000 i went with the Koso Brand... Looks great super simple install and work fantastic....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ted-grips.html

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks onewizard.

Paul
2012 Kawasaki Versys 1000
2012 Honda Gold Wing 1800
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Weljo

Paul
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Eddie

Paul
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Long time Gold Winger here, just purchased a 2012 Versys 1000 with 13,000 kms on it. Getting old and tired, the Wing is becoming a lot of bike to handle. Have been intrigued by the adventure bike market, decided to take the plunge with a Versys.
Picked up my "new" Versys yesterday. Rode it home (500 kms, 4C). Beautiful ride on a beautiful bike. Was very impressed.

Paul
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Other members here have installed electric cruise controls and there is a thread in the how To forum on this.
I searched the How To forum, but only came up Rostra Electronic Cruise Control. Was there more that I may have missed?

Paul
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Electric Cruise

Quote:
I searched the How To forum, but only came up Rostra Electronic Cruise Control. Was there more that I may have missed?
Only one I know of that works. There may be more knowledgeable people on this forum that can comment.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Only one I know of that works. There may be more knowledgeable people on this forum that can comment.
Murphskits has their brand of cruise that works, based on the old Audiovox cruise. While I like how the Murphs cruise works compared to the Rostra it is a problematic install as the components take up a lot more room. I had the Murphs on my c-10 Connie.

This is all based on the install on a '15 V650LT.

As for a wrist rest I like Throttle Rocker I, not the II. Tough, though not impossible, to get in the U.S. Widely available in Canada. It contours nicely to the palm of your hand.

I use Heat Demon grip heaters. They are coils that have an adhesive that sticks to the handlebar/throttle tube. The heater on the handlebar has more power to counteract the additional heat loss being attached directly to the handlebar. You may choose any grip to go over these. I used these grips:
https://www.murphskits.com/product_i...products_id=35

I also wired in a PWM to the high heat on these heaters and it all works perfectly:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You do not want the generic ATV grip heaters as they have equal heat on both sides resulting in the throttle side getting a lot hotter that the clutch side. DAMHIKIJK.

HTH and welcome. Have fun.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode