TerBoy - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
TerBoy

Hello, I am from Vancouver Island B.C. Canada. I have been riding about 7 years(after not riding since I was a teen on my Honda 185 TwinStar). I just traded my07 KLR for a 2012 Versys last Saturday. The yellow and black one. So far I absolutely love it!. I also loved my KLR, but I screwed my back jumping my trail bike. Trying to keep up with my kid actually!. I needed a smoother ride with less vibration than the KLR and had been admiring the Versys for the last few years. I test road one and was sold. The upright positioning makes it very comfortable for me and the sciatic nerve tolerates the ride much better than the KLR, which are notorious for their vibration. What a fun bike so far. I am adding the touring windshield and colour matched Givi bags hoping to do a little touring. This forum has been a great source of information for me. It helped out my buying decision a lot. Thanks for contributions. And thanks for letting a mid life crisis fighter like me in your group. I hope I can contribute something for u all sometime!. Cheers and good riding!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I really like the black-n-yellow.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 PM

Welcome to the forum and the Versys! Usually a test ride will sell the V
Like the yellow and black also.

2013 Versys1000

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome and plenty of us mid lifers here lol
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 PM

It's everything it's cracked up to be. Enjoy!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM

Welcome. Do you happen to know much about the area near Lake Cowichan. Heard there might be some gates on a route I'm doing next week.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 03:26 PM

Welcome from hot Ga

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

I live in the Cowichan Valley(Cowichan Bay). Born and raised here. I used to know the roads well. Haven't been doing to much off road biking at Lake Cowichan . My son and I off road a lot in the Shawnigan Lake area and have a few favorite rides. WE find a lot of gates locked and or roads deactivated. But, I do work in that area a lot. Lake Cowichan is about 40 minutes from where I live. Let me know where u want to go I may be able to help.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerBoy View Post
I live in the Cowichan Valley(Cowichan Bay). Born and raised here. I used to know the roads well. Haven't been doing to much off road biking at Lake Cowichan . My son and I off road a lot in the Shawnigan Lake area and have a few favorite rides. WE find a lot of gates locked and or roads deactivated. But, I do work in that area a lot. Lake Cowichan is about 40 minutes from where I live. Let me know where u want to go I may be able to help.
This is the route I was going to take. Heard there was gravel so that is fine but also heard they might be gates. It looks like a main road on Google.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Kenr74. This will be about 40 to 50 percent gravel, paved from Lake Cowichan onward. I can check into the gates. I am not sure if there would be any to worry about. If there are gates the will be open weekdays for logging trucks. Fire Hazard if still in the moderate zone here so nothing should be closed for fire (which can change very quickly). At Lake Cowichan there is a really nice ride from there to Victoria called the West Coast Marine Loop. It takes you out to the west coast to Port Renfrew then all along the coast to Victoria. Its about a 4 hour ride. Cheers Terry.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 AM

Thank you. Leaving tomorrow morning. I'll be in Victoria for the 5th-6th then doing the Port Renfrew loop up to the Lake Cowichan area on the 7th. Stopping in Nanaimo for the night. If we have time/energy will take the gravel route and if not will stick with the pavement.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Oh ya the loop is all paved now. used to be gravel, but they paved it several years back. But it is a fun ride with a few switch backs etc and fantastic scenery. you may see the odd Bear. I have just had my Versys a couple weeks. I will have to do the loop on it. I did it on my KLR previously. Enjoy!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode