Say hello to my little friend! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By versysleo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Say hello to my little friend!

Hey y'all!

New member here reporting in from the NYC area. Happy and enjoying a lot the new member of the family - can't wait to get over the break-in period, so I'll have to escape to the Catskills this weekend (hopefully).
Picture of the new bike:
Click image for larger version

Name:	versys6502017.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	133289

And a mandatory GIF given the title of my post...

Ride safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Great Color...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'll give a bit more details on my story here.

This is my second (almost 3rd) bike.
I started riding last year, so two seasons now. MY first bike was a Ducati Multistrada (the 620 model), loved the bike, until this summer I spent more time fixing the bike than actually riding it. By now I had already justified my investment on that bike and was ready for a new one that will give me more riding time that fix-me time.
I try to do all maintenance and work on the bike myself, so I expect to be an intense lurker and contributor to the forum.
Any thoughts on what to do first? (aside from more riding and riding, and getting over the break in period?)

Top of mind:
- Top case mount
- Heated grips (I won't park my bike during the winter, unless you know, storms)
- Chain oiler
- Center stand (on the verge on this one...)
- LED headlights
- Riding!
quexpress likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 09:03 PM

Garage
I highly recommend these grips........https://www.amazon.com/Koso-AM111030...words=AM111030 ..Easy install and work great......http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ted-grips.html

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

aboard , enjoy your ride and be safe - ATGATT
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 08:25 AM

Garage
Welcome aboard! You wont be doing much to this bike other than regular maintenance. The engine is bulletproof! One of the first things I did was the Motowerk mirror extenders. They push the mirrors out and allow you to see EVERYTHING behind you! Best money ever spent! I hate when you buy something and it kinda works. These absolutely work. They have other cool stuff for the V also. I just installed the lowered pegs and what a difference!!! Much, much, much more comfortable! I bet the Catskills are awesome riding. Have fun!

You will never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychologist office!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:36 AM

Garage
Tony was a cuban in south florida... lol. Not New York!

Welcome!

Rmpl

2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT Goblin Green
2011 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS
2012 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior V8 4x4
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 11:52 AM

I have the 2017 Titanium LT edition myself! What a wonderful bike. I've put a few add-ons myself like the givi crash bars, etc. but the bike is mainly stock atm.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 12:35 PM

The top case mount is fantastic for around the city. Add saddle bags if you go distance. Bark busters are great for keeping the bulk of the wind off your hands in the cold. Also i installed a radiator guard -- highly recommended where I'm at since there's a lot of debree on the highways here and I had to replace my radiator assembly after a large rock hit it and punctured it this summer.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysleo View Post
Any thoughts on what to do first? (aside from more riding and riding, and getting over the break in period?)

- Center stand (on the verge on this one...)
I would suggest that the negatives outweigh the positives, as it makes your bike a lot heavier. Instead you can install swingarm 'spools' then get a rear pit-stand for doing maintenance in your garage, and something like I made for oiling the chain on long rides from an old crutch.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
new bike, new forum member, versys 650

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode