New to Versys forums - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New to Versys forums

Highdy;
This is Harry, aka HiHOSilverGS
From the East side of TEXAS, Whitehouse 75791
I joined this forum before pulling the trigger on a Versys X300.
I usually join after I already have a bike in my garage. I am hoping to avoid unpleasant surprises if I end up owning an X 300.
other forums I'm on from time to time
ADV Rider
TWT Two Wheel Texas
CanAM
I am contemplating letting my pig (BMW 1150GS) go to a more able bodied rider.
I have other dual sport bikes but accidently found the Versys X 300 and became really interested in it due to it's light weight and having owned several Kawasakis I know the brand well.
If I see a question in a post that I have reasonably sure answer for I'll post in.
I hope to follow the forum rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:41 PM

Welcome to the forum all the smart people join!

hopefully you'll find lots of useful info here!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I'm also a member of TWT

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Over the last few years I've accumulated 3 "dual Sport" bikes. DRZ400, XT225, and my current favorite, a Kaw SuperSherpa. (KL250)
I have the BMW 1150GS, still in my possession, and kinda hate to part with it, but it is way too much machine for my physical capabilities.
If I could put the Super Sherpa tranny in the DRZ, I think I would not be looking at another bike.
The Sherpa's 6 speed wide ratio is just right for my current riding style, but the power of the DRZ400 is way more VERsatile for all the various roadways and trails out there.
I hope it's not against the rules to divulge my weight or to ask another member what they weigh.
I'm hoping the Versys X-300 can handle a 180lb rider plus moderate gear & baggage.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
180lbs....Damn I weighed 200lbs in the 8th grade...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The Versys 300 can handle you and your weight no problem. You might be revving higher than you are used to with your other bikes though, but the engine likes to rev. I had a Ninja 250 when I weighed 190 and it was a blast to ride. The twin 300 with fuel injection is much more.

I agree with the DRZ400S. I had one and it needed a 6th gear. Great woods bike though.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome from Texas Zip 78108 some miles west of you. Would like to know what you think about the 300 when you have a few miles on the clock.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHOSilverGS View Post
...I hope it's not against the rules to divulge my weight or to ask another member what they weigh.
I'm hoping the Versys X-300 can handle a 180lb rider plus moderate gear & baggage.
SOMEHOW I just KNEW that Joe would answer for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
180lbs....Damn I weighed 200lbs in the 8th grade...

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 09:04 AM

Garage
I also owned a XT250 and a Super Sherpa in the past , only road them on the street.
Did you get a ABS unit? Be sure and read the thread about regearing the X if you plan to do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode