New Owner in SE Wisconsin - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andyversystheworld

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
New Owner in SE Wisconsin

Hey all, just picked up a Versys yesterday. 2014, 2400 miles, $5,000. Bike is showroom perfect except for a white scratch on the tail light and the Two Bros exhaust (which sounds like crap, btw).

So far I'm liking the bike except for that darn exhaust. The bike feels soooooo light. It's only about 20ish(?) pounds lighter than my FZ8N was, but it feels like it's 100lbs lighter. It's nice having the bikes power lower down too. The roll-on power is nice. The FZ8 didn't do a whole lot until you were over 6k and was geared tall, so that equated to over 35 mph in 1st gear. Wish 1st gear on this bike lasted longer. It kinda feels like my CBR250 did where 1st gear was almost useless.

Anywho, I'm sure I'll have questions and such when I start throwing accessories at the bike.

EDIT: Oh, I also had the Sargent World Performance (Low) seat waiting for when I got the bike home. Hope that sucker breaks in after a few thousand miles. It's pretty hard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	versys1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	132697  

Past Bikes: FZ8, CB500X, Boulevard M50, Gladius, CBR250R, Blur SS220i

Last edited by Soulbreeze; 09-16-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
aboard!

GREAT color on your V...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome aboard. I agree with your comments regarding the Two Bros exhaust. That was on the 2008 I bought and it did nothing but irritate the neighborhood and give me headaches on longer rides. Mine also came with the stock exhaust and I re-installed it in short order. Thankfully, a forum member bought the Two Bros and must be pleased with it more than I was. We're both happy.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:42 AM

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 11:27 AM

Garage
Welcome! I live in Grayslake IL and get up to Geneva on a regular basis on some rides. Usually a brief stop there for coffee then on to wonderful Wisconsin touring. Enjoy!
Soulbreeze likes this.

BEST,
ANDY

"ALWAYS IN QUESTION, NEVER IN DOUBT".
Visit me at andyversystheworld on Facebook for Pictures and Updates.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 08:16 PM

Garage
Welcome 😁👊👍🏻

Life is short, do what you love. Greasy
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
I agree with your comments regarding the Two Bros exhaust. That was on the 2008 I bought and it did nothing but irritate the neighborhood and give me headaches on longer rides.
Yeah, it's kinda ruining the bike for me a bit right now 'cause all I can hear is the exhaust. My mom said it didn't seem that loud when I left her house, but from the saddle it drowns out the noise around me to where I can't even hear how the rest of the bike is running. New Stockers are pretty pricey ($750-ish) and all I've seen on ebay are ones that are messed up already. Don't want to drop a ton on a different exhaust, but I saw Yoshimura makes one for the V and it's under 400 bucks for the Stainless version. I've been very happy with my last two exhausts which were both Yoshi's. Was a tad loud but acceptable on the FZ8, but sounded perfect on the CB500X. Just need to see what's what with the SW-motech center stand I plan on getting. I know some exhausts mess with how it mounts or rests or some such.

Past Bikes: FZ8, CB500X, Boulevard M50, Gladius, CBR250R, Blur SS220i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode