twitchy throttle - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
twitchy throttle

Hey!
I'm new to sport bike crowd. I don't know jack about maintaining bikes, but I want to learn.

I had a Suzuki M50. The throttle on the versys is WAY MORE sensitive than the M50. Is there a way to adjust that? Riding at slower speeds gives me problems.

May God bless you to be and do everything He ever intended for you to be or do. Pass that on to others 'cause they need it too! ( Even if you don't like them.)
;- )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Under 15mph, and more-so under 10mph you'll notice a bit of jerkiness in the response. I've countered this in 2 ways. The first is using a Crampbuster on my throttle control. http://www.amazon.com/CrampBuster-Throttle-Mounted-Motorcycle-Cruise/dp/B000NUVPQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341679850&sr=8-1&keywords=cramp+buster Some people love these, and some people hate them. I'm used to riding with it, and it's never been an issue. It helps me apply minute amounts of throttle at low speed consistently to avoid the jerkiness. Secondly, and probably more importantly; I've found that on the V it's really more about feathering the clutch at low speed to keep yourself rolling in neutral. Your mileage may vary, of course.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy View Post
I had a Suzuki M50. The throttle on the versys is WAY MORE sensitive than the M50. Is there a way to adjust that? Riding at slower speeds gives me problems.
I came of a C50 and noticed that as well. I learned that the V handles differently so it was training myself on the new ride. I just changed my ways to fit this bike instead of a cruiser. I don't notice it anymore.

My biggest find over the Suzuki was that the Versys must run at higher RPMS for all speeds. It just does not lug along like the V-Twin.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 AM

You'll get used to it.

I got used to the throttle on R6, D675, and R1 before the V. The versys is tame when compared to the supersports, which have very twitchy throttles
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM

c

Last edited by AzItLies; 10-23-2012 at 02:12 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 AM

on my bike, the throttle cable had too much slack, so i tightened it up. i think that made the transition from closed to open a bit smoother. aside from checking that, there should be no need to make changes on the bike. you just need to get yourself recalibrated.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=>
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, all! I wanted to get that under control before I tried riding any uneven ground while standing up. I can't imagine the twitchiness of a superbike.

May God bless you to be and do everything He ever intended for you to be or do. Pass that on to others 'cause they need it too! ( Even if you don't like them.)
;- )
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Two way to arrest the jerking:

1. Change the back sprocket to 44

2. Connect a rubber hose between the Vacuum outlets, joining the two with the rubber vacuum hose. This is very effective in riding in low ref and town area.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode