New Member - Disc Brake Wheel Lock? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Member - Disc Brake Wheel Lock?

Hi Everyone,

Excited to join the forum. Got my license a little while back and my uncle has graciously let me learn on his '09 Versys.

Can anyone suggest a good disc brake wheel lock for securing the bike? Want to make sure I keep his ride safe.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:11 PM

The Xena is a very good brand and has the added benefit of an alarm and bright yellow color (if you choose) to help deter thiefs (or remind the owner it's attached!).
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...FdJd7AodB0nJUQ

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I got the 5052 model when i first got my bike..... http://www.pashnit.com/product/locks...ocks.html#5051 then i upgraded to this...http://www.amazon.com/Scorpio-SR-i900R-Motorcycle-Alarm-New/dp/B0028OMBZ8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 06-29-2012 at 01:56 PM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 AM

how about a chain lock through the wheels
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM

I have, and am very happy with the Xena xx14.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

when using make sure you have a cord tie to the handle bar so you dont forget to take it off. Has happen to many and damage to disc can be costly.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I got the 5052 model when i first got my bike..... http://www.pashnit.com/product/locks...ocks.html#5051 then i upgraded to this...http://www.amazon.com/Scorpio-SR-i90...sim_sbs_auto_1

geeze....is there a farkle or doo dad you have yet to get? If i owned a 1/10 of the shi t you have i'd be stoked.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broham View Post
geeze....is there a farkle or doo dad you have yet to get? If i owned a 1/10 of the shi t you have i'd be stoked.
An old wise man once said: "Wait until Weljo has farkled it so that you might farkle it such"

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
An old wise man once said: "Wait until Weljo has farkled it so that you might farkle it such"
I believe that was the Greek philosopher, Testicles.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
I believe that was the Greek philosopher, Testicles.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
an old wise man once said: "wait until weljo has farkled it so that you might farkle it such"
Quote:
Originally Posted by arion View Post
i believe that was the greek philosopher, testicles. :d

outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!

:d

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You guys are too funny.But my excuse is.... 5 months after buying the V i went to puerto rico for a year and only got to visit her a couple of times. So while everbody else was riding thier bike i was stuck on an island reading about it. So after work with too much time on my hands a computer in my lap and a credit card in hand it all started...Well thats kinda true If you don't count the baldwin seat,motowerks peg block and mirror extenders,16T front sprocket,GlPro gear indicator,garmin zumo 550,givi rack v-46&v-55 topcase,z1000 mirrors 12v outlet and scorpio alarm that i put on before i left the states..

This is one pile that was waiting for me when i flew home.

1286135934856-1 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-19-2012 at 02:45 PM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
You guys are too funny.But my excuse is.... 5 months after buying the V i went to puerto rico for a year and only got to visit her a couple of times. So while everbody else was riding thier bike i was stuck on an island reading about it. So after work with too much time on my hands a computer in my lap and a credit card in hand it all started...Well thats kinda true If you don't count the baldwin seat,motowerks peg block and mirror extenders,16T front sprocket,GlPro gear indicator,garmin zumo 550,givi rack v-46&v-55 topcase,z1000 mirrors 12v outlet and scorpio alarm that i put on before i left the states..

This is one pile that was waiting for me when i flew home.

1286135934856-1 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Joseph - you one SICK dude!!!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

And when you're talking "farkling"... he tried to turn his V into a BMW...

or something like that...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joseph - you one SICK dude!!!

I have to agree. But finally i have the Versys perfect for me. The latest seat was the missing piece of the puzzle. I haven't ordered anything for it in about a month now.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 AM

I have a Xena (X14 I think). It works well. I haven't tested the alarm yet though, I left the plastic tab in since I don't want it going off randomly at night in my apartment complex. I am thinking of taking that out though since I just learned that a neighbor's bike was stolen a couple of weeks ago (I figured he had put it in storage).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode