Hello from NC - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from NC

Hi, everyone been around for awhile but haven't introduced myself. I am on my 2nd Versys. My first one was a red 2009 and I really wanted a blue one and after having the red one for about a yr. I lucked up and found a blue 2010 on Craigslist that someone had bought and had just paid the loan off on it and it only had 300 miles on it. Got it for a steal!!. Took all the farkles off the red one and put on the blue one and had them painted and now I have my blue bike. Looks like they were bought for the blue bike.
Really enjoy the Versys but had to lower it as much as I could to be able to ride it and get the lower seat too. Now I just need somewhere to ride to and some good riding buddies. Been riding for close to 40 yrs and love it but have got sense enough now to slow down and take it easy. No longer have a need for speed, enjoy taking time to enjoy the sights. If you are in the Raleigh, NC area and want to hook up some time for some riding let me know and I would love to meet some new riding buddies.
Grandma says to ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 06:03 PM

Welcome Grandma!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Enjoy!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:34 PM

Hey Grandma, I'm in Raleigh too and loving my RED 2008 Versys. Just painted all my bags in red too, and ride every day to work in it, and some ocasional trip around town.

Slow down, and you'll get there faster!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome Grandma
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Peppino I would love to meet up with you some weekend and ride some if you are up for a new riding buddy. I love to ride up toward Clarksvill Va and out in the country away from any traffic and crazy drivers but can ride in traffic in town OK.

Hope things can work out so you and some of your riding buddies will let me tag along so I can have some ride time. Maybe I can show you some new roads.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Lee

Welcome Granny! If you ever make it over to Western NC give me a hollar, will you? You're right, blue is cool............
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 AM

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Stupid question: Are you actually a Grandma? If so I think that's awesome that you ride. If not, still awesome; and a great choice of bike!

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Funny thing Lee I am in Blowing Rock this week working a horse BUT there is no bike with me because I don't have time to ride while I am working. And then I will be in Asheville the end of Jully for two weeks working horse shows ago but again I will not have time to ride. It is bad to be in the beautiful mountains and not be able to ride.

And goat12 yes a am a 58yr old grandmother of 3. That is the reason that I am look for some riding buddies. I just don't feel that it is really safe for me to be riding by myself. Around town is one thing but for any distance is another. I use to have a riding partner but after 38 yrs. he decided he would take a different road. But life does on.

So anyone that is in the Raleigh are that is willing to let me tag along on rides I sure would appreciate it. I just want to ride and need to find some folks to ride with. Thanks.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Hope everyone has a great weekend riding!! I am working in Blowing Rock at a Horse Show and will not get to ride any this weekend. In the beautiful NC mountains and can't ride what a bummer!!. One of these weekends I hope to get a chance to slow down some and ride if I can find someone that will let me tag along with them.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Grandma View Post
Hope everyone has a great weekend riding!! I am working in Blowing Rock at a Horse Show and will not get to ride any this weekend. In the beautiful NC mountains and can't ride what a bummer!!. One of these weekends I hope to get a chance to slow down some and ride if I can find someone that will let me tag along with them.

Here are some groups in your area..http://www.meetup.com/find/?userFree...=&show=results

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM

Hi Grandma, and welcome! I am down near Fayetteville but would love to link up and ride sometime. I have only been riding a few years and definitely take the "safe" approach as you seem to. I also have a blue '09 versys, lol. If you ever want to meet up somewhere in between and head out for an afternoon, I'm your riding partner! Have fun and ride safe!

Mac

2009 Versys - 5000k
1982 Yamaha XJ 550 - 34k
1995 Suzuki DR 125SE - 1.9k
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM

Garage
Hi Grandma, if your willing to come to the Greensboro area I ride with this group: http://www.meetup.com/greensborocruisers/

They are good bunch of guys and girls.

Mark

Retired Eagle driver, Long Live the Eagle
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Grandma and enjoy your ride.

ATGATT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode